HTC Wildfire Battery Life

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Has dropped to about 2 days with WiFi on, or 3 days without. I bought a (genuine) HTC new battery, but it still does it.

It goes to sleep when not in use, I have got Location Satnav turned off, it finds Location with the phone network.

I wonder if there could be something else that is draining it? As WiFi and Mobile Internet access are both turned off, it can't be updating itself on any of the apps (unless it does it on the Phone Network)

Any idea on settings I should check?

Sponsored Links
2 days that good for the power the phone uses , try having an iphone 4s , the dual core processor eats the battery life .

got the htc desire (was first htc phone ever, and now i doubt i will ever have any thing else, after always used nokia)

mine is the same, battery few days etc, as many features turned off as possible as to not drain battery life.

you should be able to get a higher capacity battery.

dont forget, that if you are or go in weak signal area, the phone has to work harder to keep conected to the network, so will use lots of power at these times.

Sponsored Links
Why Blackberrys are the best :D
yup, i'll second that. just got the new Bold 9900!

as for the OP, normally smartphones run around 2-3 days on a full charge so you sound ok.

if i'm correct it's an android phone, i used to have an android phone and the battery was poor, try turning off something called data traffic, that usually help battery life a bit.

I did have a blackberry , but really hated it, had the iphone 3g , liked that , so got the iPhone 4S , what a great decision that was. Although if you want it on PAYG like i have it its £500 :confused:

3g can drain the battery, but also the local reception can really use up the power as the phone tries to poll local cell stations for a connection. So a weak signal at the phone location, or a problem at the cell station can affect the power used to maintain a connection.

If you have installed an app, or changed a setting then this could also affect power usage

You can check in the settings to see what is using the most power - normally it should be the display

I have tuned the "Display off sleep when not on charger" from ten minutes to two, and set Wifi and Mobile Internet to off. So it's just working as a phone now.

The drain is mostly Cell Standby and Phone Idle.

Android and Display battery usage are both low. They go up if I start emailing or browsing. I think if I'm travelling and need a phone with a long life, I might put the sim in my old SonyEric.

Or a portable battery. I've been used to carrying, or having an independent battery in the car for times when the phone inevitably runs low. I don't want to use an alternate phone for the sake of the battery, and lose the features

This one looks good and compact, only £7

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ph...-power/buy/MICRO-USB-PORTABLE-BATTERY-CHARGER

Otherwise there are 3500 - 5000 mAh units on Amazon for about £25

Yes, I have a car charger (and a spare battery). The charger cable fits into a USB socket (which is what the charger has as its outlet), so I only need to carry one cable. Rather annoyingly phone makers do not yet seem to have standardised their mini-USB connector, which I heard a while ago they had agreed to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back