hudson reed bath spout & stops (BC309) on stud wall - is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit this lovely 'spout & stops' mixer for the new bath:

It's from Hudson Reed, code BC309, and just comes with the bits shown, no pipes or valves etc are supplied. But there are some problems.

The thread at the end of the spout is only about 33mm and my builder reckons that it will be hard to mount it effectively as he needs more length on the thread in order to fit the plyboard, plasterboard and tiles between tap and nut.

I have read that metal plates can be used to brace these sorts of fittings, but do such plates exist for a 3-hole solution such as this? I can find none.

Any help appreciated. It is going in a stud wall with about a 60mm cavity between the plasterboards.

Thank you for reading

Benefact

Sponsored Links
The thread at the end of the spout is only about 33mm and my builder reckons that it will be hard to mount it effectively as he needs more length on the thread in order to fit the plyboard, plasterboard and tiles between tap and nut.
Is the wall already built? If not, can you not forgo the plasterboard and tile straight onto the ply?

You/he perhaps need to measure it properly - it will either fit or it won't - there shouldn't be anything hard about it. The pipework itself will provide the stability, if that was one aspect of your concerns.

Mathew

use a compression x fi fitting that will give you enough to play with.
the taps will allow 20mm approx play in depth.
2010-8-2--14-26-42-640.jpg

why are you fitting plyboard then plasterboard ?

you can always out the builder and get someone like a plumber who knows how they fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back