Hunt's speech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may become just another Brexit thread, but can anyone answer this?

Jeremy Hunt gave a speech full of optimism, eg on how our silicon valley (currently a roundabout??) is going to be a world leader. No detail, and it'll all happen after the next election.

Anyway, the bit I stuck on was the new opportunities for Brit firms, now that they're free of EU limitations. Can anyone tell me what those are/were?

Sponsored Links
apparently it gives us the ability to use a toxic substance on Bees?

Banned in the EU, Denise Coffey wants to allow a nicotine based insecticide that kills bees, stays in the root system and gets into the water course.
Of course, they got a panel of experts to look at the issues, but hey! - we've had enough of experts! The panel said that the ban should stay, Coffey says that it should be lifted. To allow Sugar Beet to grow where the conditions are less than ideal.

Here's an idea? Don't grow sugar beet when we are trying to wean the population off sugar. Also, if you MUST grow beet, grow it somewhere more suitable.

I agree with both of those, but did he mention bees??

With all the environmental things gwan on, the question is, what is the cost of the damage you're doing? Must say the insect demise is shocking. Remember how many bugs you used to get on a car windscreen on a motorway - a few hundred in a day? Not any more.

Sponsored Links
I heard a bit of it live in the car. It sounded like a speech from the Tory Party Conference circa 1985

I find Hunt a rather devious operator, the sort of chap that can nod whilst saying no.

A shame he didn't mention he received money for speaking to a 'for profit' healthcare company...

Last edited:
A shame he didn't mention he received money for speaking to a 'for profit' healthcare company...
Why a shame and why should he mention it when he's making a speech about something else? Why don’t you mention it instead?

Tell us a few of your political idols and I’m sure someone can find something in their history that they could constantly bleat on about. Of course, you won’t, you’ll swerve that question as per usual and you know it….

Why don’t you mention it instead?
I just did...

But then you're just a stupid troll :LOL:

Tell us a few of your political idols and I’m sure someone can find something in their history that they could constantly bleat on about. Of course, you won’t, you’ll swerve that question as per usual and you know it….
Aww bless, the troll can't remember. But we have to take into consideration that it's one of those brexiteers fast approaching it's demise with brain fade (y)

Sorry to p*ss on your parade, but as I've stated before John Smith would have made a great PM imo...

So what was that about 'swerving'?

You being a coffin dodger no doubt have got that move perfected ;)

Got a link to that or have you just made it up?
Jeez, your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat again your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I would say you get the drift of that, but then you don't do you old man!

PS. If you can remember John Smith, what's your opinion of him?

Just to remind you.
(although you'll forget it again within a few minutes :LOL:)

Linky linky

Jeez, your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat again your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I would say you get the drift of that, but then you don't do you old man!

PS. If you can remember John Smith, what's your opinion of him?

Just to remind you.
(although you'll forget it again within a few minutes :LOL:)

Linky linky
And that’s a link to a factual item about Jeremy Hunt? Either you couldn’t comprehend my question or you are using swerving tactics. Again.

I saw most of it, it was a glass half full, seize post brexhit opportunities. He looked unconvinced by what he was reading out, he was much more effective in select committees. He highlighted the importance of the london oxford and cambridge triangle so presumably good news for luton. He comes across as a thunderbird puppet that has just had its strings cut, still going but rapidly running out of juice.

He knows the governments days are numbered.

Blup

And that’s a link to a factual item about Jeremy Hunt? Either you couldn’t comprehend my question or you are using swerving tactics. Again.
Aww bless...

Finding it hard to get someone to empty your bedpan again?

But dementia is a bugger, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...

Of your fading memory that is :LOL:

PS. Any thoughts about John Smith yet?

PPS. Try googling hunt and healthcare speech...

(Be careful not to get the spelling wrong again old man. You might get a shock that puts you into cardiac arrest ;) )

Sponsored Links
Back