Hunt's speech

Jeez, your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I repeat again your dementia must be playing up really badly today...

I would say you get the drift of that, but then you don't do you old man!

PS. If you can remember John Smith, what's your opinion of him?

Just to remind you.
(although you'll forget it again within a few minutes :LOL:)

Linky linky

Blair and Brown, probably the most successful Labour leaders weren't fans of John Smith, and for good reason. Smith was sound but had he become PM, he probably would have made a Jeremy Hunt of himself like so many others, death froze his reputation to that point in time.

Don't get me wrong, he was a good man, he just didn't get the opportunity to become a bad man.

Sponsored Links
THe more parts of it cross my mind, the more I think he's describing a fantasy planet he'd like to be on.

Making plans for fine dining when the cupboards are bare.

Blair and Brown, probably the most successful Labour leaders weren't fans of John Smith, and for good reason. Smith was sound but had he become PM, he probably would have made a Jeremy Hunt of himself like so many others, death froze his reputation to that point in time.

Don't get me wrong, he was a good man, he just didn't get the opportunity to become a bad man.
One could argue how 'labour' that duo actually were...

And Blair became a war criminal in many eyes, so you can't get worse than that!

Smith was actually a reformer and more central than those who came after him.
A shame he never got to show his promise.

dementia is a bugger
At least you’re acknowledging it - that’s the first step so well done. Ask those 'medic' sons of yours for some advice…

Actually, you’re a bit of a Jeremy Hunt yourself. Sorry, I’ll take that back. You’re 100% Jeremy. (y)

Sponsored Links
Analysis in the Grauniad goes on to say...

His stance is difficult to reconcile with the latest batch of levelling up funds, which in cash terms favoured London and the south-east. Later in his speech Hunt described Brexit as an “enabler” without mentioning that the manufacturing sectors in north-west and north-east England have suffered badly from lost EU orders.

The Institute of Directors damned the four Es, saying a fifth – empty – more accurately described the content of the chancellor’s speech. The British Chambers of Commerce said there were more important words beginning with the letter: “without addressing the issues of energy and exports, our economic growth will continue to be stunted.”

These organisations are considered natural Tory supporters. Without them on board, Hunt looks all at sea with only a batch of vague mission statements to guide him.

:unsure:

If the IoD can't get behind the proposals it's going to be a hard sell.

"E" for British Volt, would be Epitaph? Embarrassment?

Make it a recycling facility? At the moment there are no Lithium battery recyclers, I read.

Back