Husqvana 340 Chainsaw

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I just bought this machine secondhand and when I tried to fill it with petroil it leaked. The fuel leaks from a hole in the tank next to where the fuel hose comes out. I saw a YouTube video for a Model 340 and that has a nipple and return hose in addition to the fuel feed to the carb. Should my machine have this nipple and hose? If so, can I renew the nipple part or do I need a whole new tank?

Sponsored Links
The fuel tank is integral to the castings of the machine - that's fairly typical. You don't need a new tank, but there should be one feed pipe to the carb, one return pipe and often a tank breather. This saw has been on the go for a long time, and has had one or two modifications.
Sometimes the nipple is incorporated as a swelling on the rubber pipe itself, so I'd be inclined to buy the pipe first and take it from there.
Any Husky dealers nearby? You'll need the machine serial number handy.
John :)

Sorry, I should have said the YouTube video was a model 350. From what I can make out, mine does not have the return pipe but has some kind of 2 part, one way valve for a breather, part numbers: 503600401 & 501629801. We do have a Husky agent in town but they have been pretty hopeless in the past so I will try to find a UK supplier who is willing to post them to me.

That seems to be the fuel tank breather.....I wouldn't mind betting that it was blown away by someone with an air line :eek:
These items do appear to be available on ebay.
Your saw should still run without the breather so long as you keep it level I think - if you want to test it.

Sponsored Links
As an addition......my local Husky dealer is David Dixon's, Hexham, Northumberland.
They do international shipping which starts at £13, unfortunately but as a firm they are right on the ball.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back