Husqvarna 129LK Combi Trimmer

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi folks,

I have been trimming my Privet Hedging which had gone fairly wild. I sprung for the Hedge Timmer attachment for my Husqvarna 129LK, which was extortionately priced, originally paying €270-ish for the 129LK Trimmer and recently €300-odd for the HA110 Hedge Trimmer attachment (just an attachment).

I did 80% of the taller and thinker stuff with my Dad's LIDL Florabest electric pole saw, not great but does the job. Problem is I can't get power around to the other side of the hedge to finish the job. So I guess I have a few choices:-

1. Buy the PA1100 Pole Saw attachment for the 129LK - another €300 for an attachment.
2. Buy a small generator from Screwfix for €240, and struggle on with the LIDL electric one. (having a small generator might be generally useful).

Both of the above are expense options for finishing a job that is 80-90% done.

I had heard of a third option, that other non-branded or alternative brands of pole-saw attachments might be compatible with the Husqvarna and considerably cheaper - but I was unable to find any more information, does anyone here happen to know? Seem crazy to spend another €300 for this.

Thanks,

Ray K

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that Husqvarna stuff is expensive, but you get what you pay for and it will last forever with maintenance.
I find that other makes of attachment won't fit Husqvarna or Stihl however, so personally I'd go for the real thing. Have you decided what to do yet?
John :)

When you say you can't get power round to the other side, what do you actually mean?
Can you get access to the other side? If so, simply feed your electrics through the hedge at ground level and make sure you feed enough through to keep it at ground level.
If you don't have access can you not ask your neighbour for permission and state you will tidy up any clippings that fall on his side?

Sponsored Links
When you say you can't get power round to the other side, what do you actually mean?
Can you get access to the other side? If so, simply feed your electrics through the hedge at ground level and make sure you feed enough through to keep it at ground level.
If you don't have access can you not ask your neighbour for permission and state you will tidy up any clippings that fall on his side?

There are fields to the left, right and behind me, I don't have neighbors on those sides, only cows and deer.
Its the Privet Hedging on those sides needs the trim, I can't get at it from my garden.

So you are 100% correct, I can probably borrow another long extension lead (in addition to the two I already have) and soldier on with LIDL's finest.
That method was painful enough on my side of hedge - so I was hoping for a 4th option.
Other than 1. Buy the €300 attachment, 2. Buy a generator or 3. Use (yet) another extension cable. :).

Save your money for a well deserved beer after using another extension to finish the job. ;)

Job done :sleep::sleep::sleep:

IMG_20210321_180526.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back