HUTH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watching and a geezer told Martin that he had the electrical installation signed off with a safety certificate, all light switches replaced and "some extra sockets" added in a three storey 2 up 2 down?

What is the minimum time this would this take you?

Sponsored Links
A 3 story 2 up and 2 down?
Sounds like 2 downstairs rooms and either 2 above with a bathroom/toilet in the attic or simply 1 large first floor bedroom with another above in the loft.

Yeah, the guy said his spark was there less than half a day!

Wonder what that job was like!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately just as there has long been a huge market for ****ty or even outright fraudulent PAT testing it seems there is now a huge market for ****ty or even outright fraudulent EICRs.

I would say full day, however I got a house buyers survey done, this included a report on the condition of the electrics, and I am sure he was not at this house that long, and I know my son use to sign off the jobs some years ago, the firm he worked for it seemed did not trust their electricians so employed inspectors who would visit the houses being wired, and my son said he got to know which gangs were good and only needed to take readings and which gangs tried to cut corners and he had to be careful with.

Not sure of the system now with scheme providers, I know in England third party inspections are possible, although not in Wales, so what does "electrical installation signed off with a safety certificate" mean? I know I did some wiring in parents wet room, and I submitted the installation certificate to the LABC and I got a completion certificate and no one even visited the house. So clearly the LABC inspector trusted me, and I could see the same with any other inspector, he would get to know who he could trust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back