I always thought...

What would your idea be then? Kick out all the non whites and all the rest of us pay more in taxes to cover the army of pensioners that is ever increasing? There is a reason why people like yourself don't have a say in government policy :cool:

And your the reason this county is going down the pan.

And why is that then?

Funny how everybody seems to be up in arms about immigrants, yet they never seem to mention the 100's thousands of Brits that go over to Australia/New Zealand/Canada every year. Aren't they 'stealing jobs'? Or what about the 10's of thousands of people that went to work in Germany in the 80's? Or the ten's of thousands of people who retire to spain every year, yet are too lazy to learn the language?

Joe-90 - Tbh i'm far more concerned about the generation of lazy British scroungers who have fleeced the system and live a life on benefits. The generation that boomed under labour. They are the real people who aren't contributing to the country. At least in the vast majority of cases, the sole reason for immigrants coming here is to actually work. How can you blame someone for wanting to better themselves when so many people over here do exactly the same by emigrating to Australia?

How big is Oz? What is their population? How big is the UK? How big is our population? Not only that, Australia is very selective on who they take in with their points system - we let every peasant from Europe in. Do we need peasants? Nope.

That's only because of the E.U. For non E.U citizens there is a points based system like Australia. Unfortunately thanks to previous governments there's little we can do to stop the free movement within the E.U.

Anyway that's beside the point. What i meant was that it's ironic that lots of people complain about immigration, yet at the same time many people would love to or already have emigrated themselves.

Sponsored Links
I just don't agree that we should just completely shut up shop and stop all immigration

But most people in britain don't agree with you.

I just don't agree that we should just completely shut up shop and stop all immigration

But most people in britain don't agree with you.

Ithink we could be a bit more selective, i can remember my dad remarking how we were taking all the dross that was left over after the other European countries had taken the doctors, teachers etc. that Idi Amen chucked out. :evil:

LW still misses the point here.
The other countries want our skills, we get deluged with skill-less idle wasters who preach treason and taking over. Wanting their own laws here.

Did one of the 13 now on trial not tell a 14 yr old in his country sex is legal at 11 for a girl.
Rape is dealt with by death.............lets forget the trial and just stone the fooker to death then. His law............he wants it.

Sponsored Links
When you emigrate there you have to prove you can support yourself. Pay medical expenses.

Have a qualification they want thus passing the points system.

Not hang off the back of a truck fall off and claim benefits.

Nice try.

Except the people who 'fall of the trucks' aren't normal immigrants now are they? They're either asylum seekers or illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants can't claim benefits for obvious reasons and asylum seekers are barred from claiming the majority of benefits. Normal immigrants can only claim benefits after a certain period of time. For non-eu immigration you can only claim once you have indefinite leave to remain or when you become a permanent resident. EU nationals from the eastern bloc - Poland,Hungary,Latvia e.t.c - have to have worked for at least 12 months before they can begin claiming any benefits. So they don't 'fall of a truck' and start claiming benefits. Nice try.

Where do you get all your information from? My guess is the Mail, it has a reputation for printing very misleading and sensationalist articles about immigration and people like you fall for it. :)

Look, i've said before that immigration was too much under labour and that it should be reduced especially with the level of unemployment we have at the moment. I just don't agree that we should just completely shut up shop and stop all immigration and how a lot of people misrepresent them and spout stuff that in a lot of cases simply isn't true.

Why are you so naive?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...migrants-sell-Big-Issue-to-gain-benefits.html

No point Joe, he`s got blinkers on.
Also thinks he can tell who reads what newspapers from god knows what.

When you emigrate there you have to prove you can support yourself. Pay medical expenses.

Have a qualification they want thus passing the points system.

Not hang off the back of a truck fall off and claim benefits.

Nice try.

Except the people who 'fall of the trucks' aren't normal immigrants now are they? They're either asylum seekers or illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants can't claim benefits for obvious reasons and asylum seekers are barred from claiming the majority of benefits. Normal immigrants can only claim benefits after a certain period of time. For non-eu immigration you can only claim once you have indefinite leave to remain or when you become a permanent resident. EU nationals from the eastern bloc - Poland,Hungary,Latvia e.t.c - have to have worked for at least 12 months before they can begin claiming any benefits. So they don't 'fall of a truck' and start claiming benefits. Nice try.

Where do you get all your information from? My guess is the Mail, it has a reputation for printing very misleading and sensationalist articles about immigration and people like you fall for it. :)

Look, i've said before that immigration was too much under labour and that it should be reduced especially with the level of unemployment we have at the moment. I just don't agree that we should just completely shut up shop and stop all immigration and how a lot of people misrepresent them and spout stuff that in a lot of cases simply isn't true.

Why are you so naive?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-sell-Big-Issue-to-gain-benefits.html[/QUOTE]

So i'm naive for stating facts? Unlike the majority on here.

Wow, shock horror some immigrants have commited benefit fraud. What's the chances of that eh? Not a single white British person has ever commited benefit fraud have they :rolleyes: Just because some have committed benefit fraud doesn't mean you generalise and lump everyone with the same brush.

As for us being lumped with the 'skill less idle wasters', have you got any evidence of this or is it another sweeping generalisation of yours? Because you know, generally speaking, when you make a statement like that you should back it up with facts. I've stated a number of facts of how we have a points based system for non-eu citizens and so it's not as easy as many think to come over here, but i never seem to get any evidence from you?

http://www.pointsbasedvisa.net/

There will be a some coming from Europe who aren't skilled because of the way the e.u works. That we can't control however. Just as southern Europe can't control the army of young brits who go over to the holiday resorts to work (get ****ed) for the summer.

At the end of the day there is a good reason why no government would completely halt immigration. Despite what a few working class men on a forum think, controlled immigration is good for the country and vital for a successful economy. (Note the work controlled)

It's Europe that IS the problem. Millions of low skilled workers taking jobs from Brits. We can do something about it - we can get out of Europe and control our own borders. We have 60 million people. We DON'T need anyone else. Why do you think that we do?

It's Europe that IS the problem. Millions of low skilled workers taking jobs from Brits. We can do something about it - we can get out of Europe and control our own borders. We have 60 million people. We DON'T need anyone else. Why do you think that we do?

I never said we did. I've repeatedly said that immigration was far too high under labour because of the e.u which we can't do anything without leaving it completely. I'm for controlled immigration but not a free for all, whereas a few on here seem to be against immigration full stop.

Anyway, just going round in circles here , i don't think certain members are going to change their minds however many factual sources i provide so i'm out :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back