I am a migrant, I think UK is being takenover

Sponsored Links
if it`s use is ironic ;)
Don't like being pedantic but:
"It's" is short for It is

"Its" when used as a posessive pronoun doesn't have an apostrophe.

Remember that the word without an apostrophe is the possessive, and the one with an apostrophe is a contraction of a pronoun plus another word.
Thanks for that, but please aim that one on our foreign freinds ;) :LOL:

(quick gasman, edit your freinds to friends ffs !! :LOL: )

That's perfectly correct use of the apostrophe.

Also: John's car viz-z-viz John's gone to the garage.

But: It's his fault (It is his fault) viz-a-viz The garage and its door (the door belonging to the garage)

Always consider an apostrophe as being a contraction of two words or a proper posessive pronoun (posession of a name)[/i]

Sponsored Links
if it`s use is ironic ;)
Don't like being pedantic but:
"It's" is short for It is

"Its" when used as a posessive pronoun doesn't have an apostrophe.

Remember that the word without an apostrophe is the possessive, and the one with an apostrophe is a contraction of a pronoun plus another word.
Thanks for that, but please aim that one on our foreign freinds ;) :LOL:

(quick gasman, edit your freinds to friends ffs !! :LOL: )
He he - thanks - old age and one finger typing didn't help :LOL:

But: It's his fault (It is his fault) viz-a-viz The garage and its door (the door belonging to the garage)

Always consider an apostrophe as being a contraction of two words or a proper posessive pronoun (posession of a name)

i think that its (possesive) has, commonly accepted, dropped the apostrophe. Whereas, it is, is still it's....

Always consider an apostrophe as being a contraction of two words or a proper posessive pronoun (posession of a name)

i think that its (possesive) has, commonly accepted, dropped the apostrophe. Whereas, it is, is still it's....
or it's = it has

also

who's /whose

they're / their

you're /your

Can't think of anymore off-hand

I wonder when we'll start using "s'mine" for it's mine. That's one hell of a contraction.

or it's = it has

also

who's /whose

they're / their

you're /your

Can't think of anymore off-hand

I wonder when we'll start using "s'mine" for it's mine. That's one hell of a contraction.
tis!

Are you translating from a French dictionary?

It's = it is
who's = who is
they're = they are
you're = you are

je pense...

... or when people text you and say m8 or pls :evil:
I always type in full and don't use predictive text - old age or just me?

Sponsored Links
Back