i am removing bathroom tiles and ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i am currently removing some bathroom tiles...i have taken off quite a few so far and have reached what i assume is the plastered wall...it is kinda sandy & dusty.i have taken off the tiles & the old fixative..there are very very few what i would call holes ( about the size of a 10 pence piece or so...my question is..will i be able to tile straight onto what i called the plastered wall?( i mean after giving it a good hard brushing off & filling the litle holes)..many many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Knock on the plaster and see how it sounds.If it sounds hollow then it would really need stripping off and replastering/plasterboarding.
If it sounds solid then you will need to clean off the dust,fill the holes and prime it.
In a shower/wet area tank it in other areas use acrylic primer.
If the surface is really dusty/crumbly it would probably need stripping as above.

hi, it is definately a solid wall...just a bit dusty...seems fine when i dust it off....you mention an acrylic primer...could you recommend something please...as i would like to know exactly what to look for..as so many items say they do something but never do...thanks once again in advance

ps...you mentioned "tank it" what does that mean exactly....cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back