I can reach a socket with my hand in the kitchen sink

Spark123 said:
Supplementary bonding is not required in a kitchen as it is not considered that the person will be at an increased risk of shock owing to lack of clothing + wet body.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
b-a-s - the image is absent.
OK - fixed now. T'was another one of these sites where you can't see the image unless you go via their index page - the reason it was showing for me as in in-line image here was that it was in my browser cache...

All this kerfuffle has taken the edge off the cheeky wit of the reply though.... ;)

I understand your comment. FORBIDDEN is clear enough. I could not access the link. Thank you for trying to give me a clearer understanding.
BE HAPPY

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:

I have no idea why it wouldn't work from the original image location, but I acknowledge that it works now. Sorry for the kerfuffle - still looks pretty cheeky to me (no pun intended).

Back to the original (unanswered) question.

It looks like the fuse was replaced with a paper clip and the faulty appliance ignored before reconnecting. I can't see it being anything to do with the sink, in spite of its proximity.

Hi spark 123

First I must say there is defiantly a need for bonding in the kitchen illustration which ban-all-sheds has posted and I wish I could be the one to do it, and no it wouldn’t be the supplementary kind lol.

There was a tag on most sink tops providing a point for the earth wire connection.
I appreciate one would have to be some kind of nut to have one hand in water or holding a tap while touching a socket outlet with the other, but at the end of the day the sink top is metalwork.

I still can’t appreciate why now it is no longer considered high risk, especially if power points are in close proximity to sinks, as ban-all-sheds as illustrated some people still walk about the house in the nod.

The only reason I can think of is that power points are now run through an RCD, well at least ones which can be used to run extensions for use outdoors, only guessing mind.
Coming back to the picture I bet there is no shortage of volunteers to help with the washing up :).
[/img]

AFAIK bonding the sink was dropped in the 16 edition because it was unlikely to introduce a potential into the area, i.e unlike a shower which could conceivably raise the cpc potential in the event of an earth/phase fault.

p.s Ban, How did you sneak that camera into my kitchen? The wife never mentioned it!!!

CliveDiy said:
Coming back to the picture I bet there is no shortage of volunteers to help with the washing up :).
...or the plumbing...

Qedelec said:
p.s Ban, How did you sneak that camera into my kitchen? The wife never mentioned it!!!
Well - she wouldn't - she's saving all the money she earns that way for her running-away fund.

You should see some of the other ones we took... :eek:

Ahh! thats where that bundle came from. Perhaps I shouldn't have spent it on the new 4x4. Could you increase the rate I fancy some alloys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back