I can see light through my roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to buy a new build (covered by 10yr NHBC guarantee). Haven't had chance to have a proper look, but just looking up in to the roof space through the loft hatch i can see a small amount of light coming through the roof just below the ridge. Is this normal or should i be getting someone to fix this under the NHBC warranty?

Sponsored Links
it is not unusual when peeking through the felt lap to see a chink of light.

it is unusual however to be "looking up" when observing such light.

felt is lapped in such a way as to allow water to run off and not in, therefore you should only be able to see through the laps by looking down.

sounds like you have a hole.

Could easily be reflective light through a vent ridge or vent ridge system, I have seen this myself.
Dont expect NHBC to sort out every little issue I believe there are lower limits to the cover.

Sponsored Links
Arrrr, sooooo ...... that's what the word was. I tried most other words but none made sense . lol

PC gone mad. What about a Jap of light or a Wap of light :rolleyes:

Back on topic, has the OP considered a set of blinds for the velux? :LOL:

Or is it a ridge vent system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back