I can't get my head round the physics and should it be blue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
First the physics. If I have a 15mm pipe and am going install an inline tap/valve (the screw driver type) when fully open, this must reduce the flow as the valve hole is only 6or7 mm. Will this have a negative effect on the supply to my my , bath, sink and cistern, or shall I take them out after the renovation. Or am I missing something and does water flow not work like this.

Secondly, I have just looked at a previously hidden 30mm copper pipe, and is has about 4 inches of blue residue and some kind of build up on it, this pipe has been in site for at least 7 years and I have no leaks, and it will be hidden again soon, what should I do

Sponsored Links
The small hole will reduce the flow to eg a bath tap noticeably, but not a loo cistern.
So it depends what system you have connected.

The "Blue" if greenish is copper oxides, chlorides, etc. Clean it off a bit and see if the pipe looks corroded. If not much, just leave it. If it's eaten away it could eventually produce a pinhole, but that's unlikely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back