I don't have a Boiler, is this my pipes sometimes freeze up?

So what form of heating does the house have?
Sounds like the incomming main might be in an outside compartment and the pipe needs insulating (to the appropriate standard and not the thinest useless insulation).

Sponsored Links
I live in a mid -70s built Barett house on an estate. The main pipe is in the cupboard by the front door. The water doesn't come out of taps some cold winters usually after a couple of days of below zero temperatures. That is a main water-supply problem isn't it or maybe becuse the house is cold? I don't know how deep the pipes are in the ground? Like all the other houses on the rest of the estate I guess. Maybe its because the main stop tap and pipe is by the front door thats why it is cold and so the water freezes up in winter?

I have no central heating any more....a long story......so as I have no boiler or immersion heater so no warm water flows through my pipes to keep ice at bay. People with boilers and radiators never get frozen pipes do they because regular flow of warm water breakup any ice build up? Is that right?

Thanks.
Which planet/century do you live in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back