I got....

did they asay why they pulled you over??

I think the law states that they cannot "routinely" pull you over for a breath test and that they need a "moving traffice offence" to justify pulling you

THEN they can say that they can smell intoxicating liquor on your breath OR say that they believe/suspect you are under the influence.

but without the moving traffic offence they are in a world of shyte if you were to complain!

did they give you any paperwork?

Or their in-car kit might say you have no insurance/mot/tax etc... might not be you, might be someone has nicked your cars id.. so running round on your plates? But i think the first ting they should do is to tell you exactly why they stopped you !!!

Sponsored Links
The Police can use almost any excuse to stop you. You can be driving along happily minding your own business when a police car comes up behind you, follow you for half a mile, pull you over and say one of your brake lights isn't working.
If you argue that they are working and prove it, they'll just say there must be an intermittent fault with one. How could you ever prove otherwise?

Last year, I'd just dropped my brother off at a public house as he was attending a mates wedding reception. Half seven in the evening, and as I pulled out of the car park, a police car went past. The driver immediately turned around and followed me for about a mile before pulling me over. I asked if I'd done anything wrong and was told, they had stopped me because I'd just drove out of a pub car park. Got breathalysed and the lights stayed green on the machine (as I knew they would).

When stopped the police already knew I had insurance, licence, the car had a valid mot and that I'd lost my licence before. Copper even called me by my full name without asking me.
Big Brother is watching you !!!!!!

Lets turn this on it's head... if you've got nowt to hide, then what's wrong with giving 5 minutes of your time to the law?

Lets turn this on it's head... if you've got nowt to hide, then what's wrong with giving 5 minutes of your time to the law?

Nowt wrong with that martian, but,,, they could be catching the real criminals, drug dealers, muggers, murderers, rapists etc. As I've already said, I was caught driving (just) over the limit and I can't condone drink driving, but, the police do seem to spend more time stopping or targeting motorists than they do chasing real criminals. I suppose motorists are an easy target. If they stop someone for speeding, then it goes into the statistics as a crime that's been solved.
It's all about meeting targets these days instead of catching crims.

Sponsored Links

So you didnt watch the video or read my post? There is MOST DEFINITELY something wrong with talking to the police

Ok, ill repeat with a summary;

heres why you should NEVER talk to the police:

1. You cannot talk your way out of being arrested, but you CAN talk your way into being arrested. Nothing you say to a copper can benefit you in court, and the police are not obliged to provide the court with such evidence, as it is heresay and inadmissible.
2. Even if you are guilty, or even innocent, you may unknowingly admit to breaking a law you didnt even know existed, eg placing a postage stamp of the queen on an envelope upside down is treason.
3.In the USA, in 25% of cases where subsequent DNA evidence proved innocence of a crime accused of, the defendant still admitted guilt in another crime in interview. The Police use psychology in interviews to make people compliant and incriminate themselves (eg good cop/bad cop). 85% of convictions in the USA last year relied on self incrimination.
4. Even if you are innocent and mostly tell the truth, its possible to tell a small lie that will be seized on by the police and used to discredit and convict you.
5. Even if you are innocent and always tell the truth, you will almost always give the police SOME trivial information that can be used out of context and against you in some way to convict you of something.
6. Even if you are innocent and always tell the truth, and give the police nothing at all incriminating, you will never remember all your evidence with 100 percent accuracy, and the discrepancies in each recollection will be used to discredit and convict you.
7. Police officers make mistakes and lie, and so even if all you answers are innocent and do not incriminate you, the recollection of the questions asked of you may change and so the changed context of your answer become detrimental to you.
8. Even if you are innocent and always tell the truth, and give the police nothing at all incriminating,and remember all your evidence with 100 percent accuracy, and its all videotaped, the police may come into possession of contrary evidence, from unreliable sources, or from a mistaken witnesses, or malicious witnesses, or confused witnesses, then that evidence can be used to convict you.
9. Both an innocent and a guilty man will always regret talking to the police. And everyone is guilty of something, no matter how trivial, and most people are inherently honest and will confess to trivial crimes, which can be use to subject you to greater investigation and conviction.

NEVER EVER TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT LEGAL ADVICE, IN THE PRESENCE OF A SOLICITOR AND WITH INDEPENDENT RECORDING OF THE INTERVIEW.

Coljack - Im a white bloke.

They followed me in one of my cars today - was in town and heading home.

Came barreling up behind and followed me for a few miles - literally a cars length behind. Once I hit the a5 I left them far behind (the car accelerates well) but I didnt break the speed limit. After a mile of so, there they were again, just following. They eventually gave up after I turned off the dual carriageway.

Small dick syndrome or what?

David.

Coljack - Im a white bloke.

They followed me in one of my cars today - was in town and heading home.

Came barreling up behind and followed me for a few miles - literally a cars length behind. Once I hit the a5 I left them far behind (the car accelerates well) but I didnt break the speed limit. After a mile of so, there they were again, just following. They eventually gave up after I turned off the dual carriageway.

Small dick syndrome or what?

David.

So what will have happened is they did a PNC check on you as they got behind you, that came up clear, they checked for valid MOT, tax and insurance, that came up ok, the car had no markers so they couldn't stop you on suspicion or reasonable belief, so they stayed behind you, they will have checked your brake lights and indicators worked, watched you signaling, checked ur speed, and waited for you to make a couple of minor errors, thats enough to pull you. Obviously you didnt, so in the end they gave up. I guess they targeted you because they target that type of car.

Sponsored Links
Back