I have a leak . . . . . what's this . .???

Sponsored Links
It's a 3 port mid position valve. Getting the head off might prove difficult.. Where's the leak coming from?

Thanks. It seems to be coming from under the white thing with "hot water", "heating" arrows.

Are you sure it's leaking from the valve and not that crappy pushfit/flexy abortion beneath it?

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean the grey and white things to the right. It's possible, definitely. Really difficult to check as access is really difficult. I had to lean over with the camera to take the photo.

Slide a kitchen towel between the white valve and the copper pipe below it. Also, slide a kitchen towel under the copper pipe. That well then help establish the level of the leak and help pinpoint the source.

I agree with Sooey - there is a lot of verdigris around the gate valve body suggesting water leakage at some stage.

Rather than normal kitchen towel, can I suggest you use the blue workshop type paper towel. This offers the advantage of patently changing colour at the slightest sign of water

I would not be surprised if the valve was leaking from the spindle. Very common on this make of valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back