I have done what MOD2 wants me to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've complained to Admin - I thought that some of you might be interested to see what I wrote.

===========================================

I would like to make a complaint about some recent Moderator actions.

It begins with this topic: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53533 in which Lynda tried to claim that non-working post links sent in notification emails were down to newbie posts having to be split because they were replies to old & defunct topics.

Now, you, I, Lynda and most people know full well that that is not the reason for 99.99% of posts and topics being removed. So I posted a light-heartedly sarcastic reply, containing 50 of the recent examples of no-longer-in-existence posts.

Lynda then edited my reply to remove the example links - I know not why, since there is no chance that people would be confused by the fact that none of the links worked, since that was the topic under discussion and it was the whole point of my post.

So I replied again, this time without the sarcasm, ( //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=362833#362833 ) pointing out that none of the missing posts I referenced had been deleted for the reason originally given.

Lynda said she couldn't comment on that, as she hadn't removed the posts, only the links. There then arose some confusion when she thought that my "Yes, you did" was arguing about "I never removed the posts", and not agreeing with "I only removed the links to the posts".

Confusion happens, and whilst at the time I thought what I was writing was quite clear, I can see how it could be misinterpreted if not taken in the context of the rest of my reply.

But this is where it started to get ugly.

Lynda then accused me of not being prepared to debate the matter, and locked the thread, making it impossible for me to debate it.

So I started a new topic: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53874 in which I explained what I had meant by my "Yes, you did", explained why I'd made the post in "Lost messages" in the first place, and then, since she had raised the issue of debate, asked Lynda a couple of straightforward questions.

And then things started to get really ugly.

MOD2 decided to weigh in, and in short succession did the following:

1) Removed a reply to //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53874, and locked the topic.

It's worth, at this point, summarising what had happened to date:
  • Lynda accused me of not wanting to debate something, and locked the topic.
  • I created a new topic explaining what I had meant, and saying OK, let's debate it.
  • MOD2 locked that topic.
So I'm faced with both an accusation against me of not being prepared to debate something AND repeated use of the lock by moderators to prevent me doing just that, so I was understandably annoyed, and complained about it.

2) MOD2 deleted the complaint.

3) MOD2 deleted it again when I repeated it.

4) MOD2 went back to //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53874 , apparently not content with just locking it, and removed my original post, and replaced it with this:

post removed as will any more of your "let's bash the mod's " threads

if you don't like the way this forum is run then don't post on it

Firstly, the post was not mod-bashing, unless any form of disagreement, or the posing of reasonable questions, is to be defined as "bashing". But, of course, nobody now can tell that, and will be left with the false impression that my post was genuinely "mod-bashing".

Secondly, the wording indicates that the Moderators are completely unaccountable, and that they may do absolutely anything to and with peoples posts, including making false accusations against members, and not be challenged or even questioned for it.

Is that really the way you want things to be?

===========================================

Sponsored Links
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back