DiscussionNot.com

Moderator 3 said:
C'mon hand up, do you read every single posts?
Er, no, but there's only one of me and I'm not a team of moderators. :confused:

It's impossible isn't it?
I agree, but that topic (the one I linked to) had moderator comments inserted into it.

If you disagree with the moderator action, why are you posting here instead of [email protected]
This topic was created for general discussion, not as a request for some action by Admin.

BTW, if you disagree with user action, why are you posting here instead of [email protected]?

Sponsored Links
Moderator 3 said:
It's impossible isn't it?
I agree, but that topic (the one I linked to) had moderator comments inserted into it.
This is what I dont get, I don't see any moderator comment on that page you have linked
It isn't on that page, it's on the same topic about two pages further on. Or one page, or three pages; I don't know. The point is that that was a topic that a moderator had read, not one that you'd all missed, and that the rules are not applied consistently.

If you agree, then I don't know why you're posting here at all. If you disagree, then you should Email Admin.

I'm not going to start an argument with you because it will on and on and on and on
No it won't! This isn't an argument; it's not even a blip on the argumentometer. It's me posting irrefutable fact and you not reading the supporting information.

once again, if you don't like the way this forum is running or whatever bothering you then write to [email protected].
Thank you. When I want to then I shall. At the moment I don't want to.

Moderator 3 said:
Can you see what's happening Softus? It started already your topic is all about anti-mods
No, it isn't. I've already made it abundantly clear, more than once, that I am not "anti-mods".

and even gcol is picking on my spelling error, this is so childish
I suggest that you take that up with gcol. All kinds of people pick on all kinds of speeling eros all the time - it's part and parcel of forum life and most people don't mean, or take, it personally.

Just lately we are getting quite a few mod bashing and it doesn't help that you started one.
That's a matter of opinion. I started this topic immediately after discovering that a particular topic was locked in what appeared to be a rash manner.

Locking is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. You have many tools at your disposal, not least of which is the opportunity to negotiate.

Only one of you, sorry I just seen your loads of usernames, please tell me that they are not all yours?
Interesting. Are you saying that you've looked at some user records and found that more than one is attributed to one public-facing IP address?

If so, and if that information is not private, then please post that information here for everyone to see. However, if the information is private, then it would appear that you're breaching the site privacy policy, and involving the site owner in (a) defamation and (b) a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Sponsored Links
M3, I do take your point (that I've opened a door to criticism), but am not clear what extra effort it costs you and the other moderators. You don't have to reply to any criticism levelled at you. If I replied to every character-assassination attempt I'd not have time for much else.

I'm understanding less and less about your other point, which includes this statement:

As for your Ip's address, I cannot see it, all I can see a loads of usernames on your side of the post which doesn't mean anything
What does "loads of usernames on your side of the post" mean? I'm baffled.

Would be interesting to see that list of alternative usernames ;)

Moderator 3 said:
Under your name as Softus, there appears to be a lot of others usernames but that doesn't mean it's you but you seen to have a lot of username that the others don't seem to have, it's not Ip's addresses just names, and I have no idea, hence why I asked you if you do have more than 1 usernames then that would explains it.
Do you have the foggiest what you're talking about? Because I dont.

Moderator 3 said:
Under your name as Softus, there appears to be a lot of others usernames but that doesn't mean it's you but you seen to have a lot of username that the others don't seem to have, it's not Ip's addresses just names, and I have no idea, hence why I asked you if you do have more than 1 usernames then that would explains it.
Do you have the foggiest what you're talking about? Because I dont.

I had difficulty reading that too.

mod 3 is asking softus does he sign on as any other user.

his ip address shows that he does

those that have been here long enough will remember the grief given to me by softus accusing me of being a liar etc simply because i changed my username as the previous one stopped working, to which i admitted.
I always suspected him of being several other posters and how hypocritical to have a go at me when he seems to be a major villain in the use of multi usernames.

mod 3 is asking softus does he sign on as any other user.
If that's what M3 is asking then I would say:

1. Why is M3 raising this issue in such an incomprehensible way?
2. Why is nobody else being asked?

his ip address shows that he does
And to this I would say:

3. Why did M3 say that he/she doesn't know the IP address(es)?
4. Why do you way that he/she does?

And, in summary:

5. What does anyone's user name, or names, or IP address, or addresses, have anything to do with locking a topic that I was suggesting was locked in haste?

...and, the most baffling one of all:

6. Why is breezer having to translate for M3?

6, i also speak chinese

(i know what modd 3 is trying to say, and since non of you could make head nor tail i though i would intervine, oh, and yes i am mod 978 :LOL: )

those that have been here long enough will remember the grief given to me by softus accusing me of being a liar etc simply because i changed my username as the previous one stopped working, to which i admitted.
That isn't what happened though, is it, hmm?

I asked you if you were "TimWest" as well as "tim west", which you didn't answer. I asked you how many user names you had, and you said "one". You later said that you had others. When I said that you had lied, you complained that you hadn't and/or weren't. How crystal clear is that?

I always suspected him of being several other posters and how hypocritical to have a go at me when he seems to be a major villain in the use of multi usernames.
What, pray, is villainous (sic.) about anyone having signed up more than once? The villainy, on your part, was in your denial.

Sponsored Links
Back