I HAVE HAD A POWER FLUSH TODAY IN MY C HEATING AND...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After spending 450 sterling pounds I have to say that I never before had the feeling of wasting hard save money like today.

This man came today 9.00 a.m star the job and 14.00 p.m finish the job and told me that my aluminium rad were not dirty he said that the boiler was need of limescale cleaning.

I explain to him that B GAS told me a power flush was necesary to clean all the blockage and dirty rad.

He answer B gas did no check that this rad were aluminium rad and in fact there were not dirty as to have a power flush.

So what a day for me.

Sponsored Links
so why didnt you get BG to do it? then you would have been able to take them to task for the alledged complaint? at the very least you would have gained a lifetime guarantee against any sludge or system debris.

if the guy was so adamant that it was alu rads and the job was not required then why the hell did he go ahead and do it?

Sponsored Links
yeh and it was guaranteed at that price. your dodgers job isnt.

if the job wasnt necessary i wouldnt have been there in the first place.

not trying to be mean but if you have not availed yourself with the facts or used semi trustworthy people then there is little point on coming onto a forum to moan about it.

i find it interesting that you immediatley blamed BG without even questioning your contractors motives or actions. :rolleyes:

The engineer has gone to do a powerflush which he has been asked to do, is it his fault that bg made the wrong/inaccurate diagnosis, dont think so some how. Its the majority of bg trying to rip people off as usual!

£647+vat your having a laugh :LOL:

x-man said:
The engineer has gone to do a powerflush which he has been asked to do, is it his fault that bg made the wrong/inaccurate diagnosis, dont think so some how. Its the majority of bg trying to rip people off as usual!

£647+vat your having a laugh :LOL:

so he turns up after being asked to do a powerflush on a system he has probably never seen before and has no idea why the powerflush has been asked for. at what point does he realise its alu rads and the water is clean? at the start of the job or the end when hes packing up and writing out his luvverly receipt for work done thats not necessary.

is it BG's fault that the customer has taken their advice, whether it be good or bad, and the new engineer hasnt done his homework either? is it BG's fault that that engineer has pretty much conned the OP out of his money?

anyway you look at it its bad engineering judgement and ****taking. if you thinks its ok for that guy to flush a clean system and then even explain that he's actually done that, then you are just as much of a dodger as him.

Shut up you muppet, your full of cr*p NICKSO

If the person paying wants a powerflush done on what bg say and does not ask for a second opinion before hand then its either the person paying and/or bg's fault.
You silly pratt :LOL:

And before you make silly accusations I would have descaled the boiler aswell as I would have felt sorry for the poor customer, but then thats what gets you recommendations which is the majority of my work ;)

x-man said:
Shut up you muppet, your full of cr*p NICKSO

If the person paying wants a powerflush done on what bg say and does not ask for a second opinion before hand then its either the person paying and/or bg's fault.
You silly pratt :LOL:

get a grip of yourself.

you would actually charge a customer for something they dont need? you wouldnt bother checking the backround behind it or even check the water quality before you start the job? you would actually continue with the job even after you see there may be no need for it?

do you run your own business? do you have any customers left?

Oh dear, you sound like the one who does not have a business. Are you an employee?
I have many customers. I question all my potential customers as to why they want a powerflush done before I even quote. ;)

You need to think a bit more carefully about your posts :D

At the end of the day its not nice coming on here for the purpose of slagging people off is it? which is what you are doing and is what I am demonstrating back to you

x-man said:
Oh dear, you sound like the one who does not have a business. Are you an employee?
I have many customers. I question all my potential customers as to why they want a powerflush done before I even quote. ;)

You need to think a bit more carefully about your posts :D

i am an employee. what difference does that make?

changing your tune now. now you question the need for a flush....not a few posts ago. you had better think it through first.

I can see both arguments from here,

1) A customer calls and says he wants a powerflush done. Quoted £450, accepts.

2) Installer turns up, sets up flushing machine and flushes, sees state of water and probably thinks 'this guy must be nuts asking for a flush'. But what would he do, he has allocated the time to this customer upon the customers direction, problem looming!

3) I would say to customer, 'look, your system is cleanish but not perfect, no system is, do you want me to continue? Why did you think you needed a powerflush?' If he says yes then I would continue, if he says no stop, I would then clear up and charge for time taken and chemicals used.

The customer must always be aware of what is going on up front and given the options so they can decide what to do. It is after all his money.

I think there is a bit of fault from all 3 parties involved. 'Ouch', didn't realise that that fence was so high until I just fell off it :eek: :LOL:

Oh dear you dont learn do you? nickso
I run my own business so I get the customers first contact via phone. For powerflushing they dont often care for questioning, they just want a cheap price based on somebody else's opinion. Yeah I will still quote and go and do it, I have a business to run. But I am always honest to my customers which is why I am so busy. :)

And honesty is hard to come by in plumbing and heating

x-man said:
Oh dear you dont learn do you?

learn what? what have you being trying to teach me?

For powerflushing they dont often care for questioning, they just want a cheap price based on somebody else's opinion.

so you are quite happy to take anyones opinion on £450 of the customers money even though that may be wrong then? is that really the way to run your business?

gas4you said:
I would say to customer, 'look, your system is cleanish but not perfect, no system is, do you want me to continue? Why did you think you needed a powerflush?' If he says yes then I would continue, if he says no stop, I would then clear up and charge for time taken and chemicals used.

nothing wrong with any of that.

your funny nickso :LOL:

I have never charged £450 for a powerflush :LOL:

Thats too expensive in my opinion unless its a 15+ rad system which it maybe.

If you work for yourself you will learn :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back