I HAVE HAD A POWER FLUSH TODAY IN MY C HEATING AND...

have to say that I never seen him doing any test at the beginner of his job and he did not informed of any result before starting the job and at the end (he may did it I don't know). This reading has been send it to me by e-mail today. Nevertheless my feeling are that I may needed a boiler descaled but those of BGas give the excuse of my heating problem were due to blockage on the system and dirty rad.

Could Bgas be force to do any test before requesting to pay a £647 + VAT in a F****G P flush.?

:confused: What :?: :confused:

Sponsored Links
tds refers to "total disolved solids". This is a measurement of the quality of the water. Your tap water is 530, the system water before cleaning was 880 and after cleaning was 550. Powerflushing aims to get within 5% of the tap water figure.

PH refers to the acidity or alkalinity of the system water. Around 7 is neutral. The system water is tested to make sure it is not left acidic after using some of the more aggresive cleaning chemicals.

Your boiler is a Potterton Puma or Combi model. This boiler does not contain a secondary heat exchanger. It has a single bithermal heat exchanger. I assume he must have connected onto the existing boiler pump and fired the boiler in order to flush correctly.

To descale the "secondary heat exchanger" would entail disconnecting the hot and cold pipework to the boiler. I have my doubts that the "secondary" flushing was carried out since the "water saving feature" of this model makes the process difficult. Only a pump with a heater would do the job unless the boiler was stripped down sufficiently.

Impressive going for 5 hours work if it was done properly.

So what was the problem with the system - why did it need powerflushing.

(tds) total disolved soilids , it's a parts per million reading.

(tds)shows your tap water, what the system was like before he carried out the work and a final reading after the work.

and ph reading same as above (to make sure any chemicals he used are no longer in the system)

david3331 said:
Could Bgas be force to do any test before requesting to pay a £647 + VAT in a F****G P flush.?

Yes they should send off a water sample to sentinel to determine the quality of the water. A Bg powerflush does not always mean flushed with a powerflushing machine :rolleyes: it is down to the system and individual engineer, not many combis can be powerflushed and may require individual manual flushing and cleaning of the rads and heat exchanger(s)

Sponsored Links
It was mentioned in previouse postings, I think it was a Potterton 100E either a Puma or Combi coupled with some Faral rads.

Bambergaspipe said:
your point of view has become stupid and pointless.....if it was ever anything else.

You are a british gas Muppet, nothing else, mostly hated by hardworking engineers & despised for your brainwashed beliefs. Wake up, you don`t always have to be a moronic numpty. This is how Hitler started. :rolleyes: Divs.

blah blah blah. another man with a stupid an pointless point of view.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back