I HAVE HAD A POWER FLUSH TODAY IN MY C HEATING AND...

Doing an Agile here, I charge £350 + VAT for up to 8 rads, I also point out that microbore will not flush very well and neither will a gravity primary system unless I cut in a gate vale.

Sponsored Links
I will give you an example dear nickso

The other week I done a powerflush on somebody else's diagnosis.

7 rads £280

System was black but not bad enough so I suspected something else.

Cleaned system thoroughly and tested, 3-port faulty, replaced it free of charge and told customer the truth, which was very happy.

So cleaned system thoroughly and replaced 3-port all for £280, deal!

You will learn when you work for yourself you have to make a living for your family, cover costs and get repeat custom. And before you aim another sarcastic comment I get plenty of repeat business.

I do not flush micro bore, the end!
It can end up being a major headache
But each to their own

Sponsored Links
x-man said:
I have never charged £450 for a powerflush :LOL:

Thats too expensive in my opinion unless its a 15+ rad system which it maybe.

not knowing your charges for anything, i used the OP's price example. the actual amount was irrelevant. :rolleyes:

If you work for yourself you will learn

you seem to want to be a teacher, are you thinking of a career change? what is it im supposed to be learning? pricing, i assume. as you dont know where i live how do you propose to teach me how to price jobs in my area?

The other week I done a powerflush on somebody else's diagnosis.

7 rads £280

System was black but not bad enough so I suspected something else.

im truly pleased for you. but at least you have confirmed you would indeed check the water before you go ahead with the job.

You will learn when you work for yourself you have to make a living for your family, cover costs and get repeat custom

again with the learning :LOL: . i already have to make a living for my family.

nd before you aim another sarcastic comment

is this before you get off your high horse?

Oh dear, read the post properly, I go and do a powerflush. The water is thoroughly tested when it was actually power flushing ;)

Why did BG say the system needs cleaning?

Your boiler is normally fairly tolerant of dirty system water and I have seen few faults on the Puma/Combi 100 that would require a system clean to resolve.

Many Pumas will sound a little noisy in use (kettling) given there age but most users accept that.

From memory your radiator valves were rubbish quality so any decent powerflush would require replacement of the valves to BS2767 Pt10 as a starting point.

I would also be very careful flushing with the type of radiators you have since there are many gaskets/seals they could leak from.

x-man said:
Oh dear, read the post properly, I go and do a powerflush. The water is thoroughly tested when it was actually power flushing ;)

apologies.

i did misread the post and thought you had done the job properly. it turns out you didnt.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

x-man said:
You are the only misunderstanding dear nickso.......sorry :LOL:

from the man who hasnt got anything right from the start of this thread thats quite insulting :LOL:

While Nicso might well be a (gas) knight in polished armour, he has many coworkers who diagnose incorrectly. But then this is same in a lot of other gas related businesses. We get to hear of misdeads but not of jobs well done.

My advise would be do not get all worked up and do not claim every one of your lads works with 100% diligence.

When I get a phone call for a replacement boiler, I always ask why they want to change their boiler. Often the reply is that the blue van people are pushing a replacement (just like independents who can not repair, so want to sell a new boiler). Same goes for power flush. Have visited sites where a power flush has been carried out with no improvement (because sludge was not the cause of malfunction). Boilers marked for replacement (in many cases) have been serviced to function correctly.

BG would have to loose a lot of money for you to be out of a job. Us independents have to maintain a higher standard to keep the work coming in.

It is said people talk. Do a job badly, people talk more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back