I have insufficient privileges to reply here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel when some one quotes what one has said, one should be permitted to answer. I can see how some people will go OTT and how as a result the thread becomes something which needs removing.

I fully endorse where there is some inappropriate replies that a thread should be deleted. But to remove privileges seems to me I am being punished.

If there is inappropriate replies then it should be deleted not simply locked.

Sponsored Links
I feel when some one quotes what one has said, one should be permitted to answer. I can see how some people will go OTT and how as a result the thread becomes something which needs removing.

I fully endorse where there is some inappropriate replies that a thread should be deleted. But to remove privileges seems to me I am being punished.

Absolutely. I have had people spout nonsense and then been denied my right of reply.

Absolutely. I have had people spout nonsense and then been denied my right of reply.

More effective would be to leave the inappropriate replies and lock out only the person(s) who posted inappropriately.

Sometimes the offender will edit their offensive post and thus can appear to be innocent of any wrong doing. Locking them out of the thread would prevent that.

I'm assuming you mean the one about a fuse and a light bulb that descended into pages of something which bears no relevence to fuses and light bulbs?

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming you mean the one about a fuse and a light bulb that descended into pages of something which bears no relevence to fuses and light bulbs?
It wasn't me who started it - it was Winston. Apparently he believes that he knows better than I do where I live. As does ban all sheds.

+++++++++++++++++++
moderator's note
time for this interminable and entirely pointless squabble to be sent to bed.
+++++++++++++++++++

It was boring and off topic, I'm glad it got locked. If you want it deleted then report it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back