i have iron g pipe guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have old iron cast pipe in 1920s build, some of the guttering is missing, and rain water falls directly by the front door, and the concrete on the footpath has started to deteriorate, i have asked the neighbour if he would change the guttering with me if i paid for it, he strongly refuges, i have triede a few place whom do guttering to see if they can find me a piece of iron cast g pipe, but had no luck so far, if any one can suggest something would be great, thanks
[

Sponsored Links
Should not be a problem. I have various cast iron gutters in stock.
A few lengths of this and a few of this.. what profile ? OGEE?
width ? 4inch/100mm? how much do you need? it's 1830 mm a length.

jangeer,

If your CI is in fair condition then replacing with a new section of CI is not a bad idea.

Also consider that you can usually replace all in PVC and use adapters to connect to any remaining cast iron. I have put a link below to a typical PVC to C.I. gutter adapter, there are various others in the range listed under a connector heading. So you can adapt to either CI down pipes or gutters. I would not recommend using just odd (short) lengths of PVC mixed with C.I.

One other thing to be aware of is that even one piece of cast iron is very heavy. Make sure you are able to work safely with it.

I'm not up to speed on conservation areas or listed buildings. Buildings in those aeas may require CI replaced with CI

http://osma.wavin.com/master/master...middleTemplateName=oc_middle_product_detail_I

google ....alutec . ali gutter that`s compatible (,I think ). they`ve got a tech. dept. on website :idea:

Sponsored Links
Forgive me but i can't resist the beautiful word refuges - no offence, but it brilliantly sums up refusing to cough up his share and seeking refuge from his neighbour's demands. i have an image of your tight neighbour finding asylum in his cellar with the lights off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back