I need a good builder to work with me

Sponsored Links
No, but Part P needs certifying. Exactly what his post implied....

Part P is a building regulation. How do you certify a building regulation?

You can however, comply with a building regulation.

Murdochat didnt say it was a certificate

he said: "BCO will need to do inspections and WILL require electrical certificates"

His actual words were 'Part P cert'.

What do you think was meant by 'cert'?

Part P is a building regulation. How do you certify a building regulation?
You ask LABC. Tell them you have completed and they do a completion visit. Then they certify according to Reg's. They will also certify the electrics or part P.

Sponsored Links
You ask LABC. Tell them you have completed and they do a completion visit. Then they certify according to Reg's. They will also certify the electrics or part P.

That's notification to building control and a certificate to BS7671.

His actual words were 'Part P cert'.

What do you think was meant by 'cert'?
certified
which can mean certified to BS7671

why did you conveniently ignore the key point: "BCO will need to do inspections and WILL require electrical certificates"

you must admit you engaging in unnecessary pedantry

certified
which can mean certified to BS7671

why did you conveniently ignore the key point: "BCO will need to do inspections and WILL require electrical certificates"

you must admit you engaging in unnecessary pedantry

Well that's not been ignored - as with self certification, as has been pointed out, that is taken care of. BCO can do it or someone else allowed to under section 4 of the building regulations.

Yes, I do admit I'm being pedantic.

If you are not going to answer my question why bother posting? I asked for advice on how to find a competent builder for a build project?

It's the internet, take the crap that comes with the nuggets or pay for some professional advice.

Personally I often find the tangential discussions useful.

I didn't even bother to look at this post since I posted it several weeks ago. I was expecting a few good pointers on what to look for or where to go at least. It says a lot about the sort of people on this forum tbh.

If you really think that then you've clearly not got a clue about this forum, sure there's some banter and a bit of messing about but there's by far an absolutely astonishing wealth of free and excellent advice dished up daily by many. I suggest you clear off and ask for a refund on your way out. Did you use the search facility for similar posts that have been asked dozens of times already?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back