I-on40 RF Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Alarm system reporting RF Failure after changing the battery.

Tried full power reset still get the same error condition. All Wireless zones show not signal and alarm won't arm due to RF failure.

Via HTTP, very slow opening and option selections very slow (2 mins). Was going to try and disable RF sensors to see if alarm would then arm on the wired sensors but just not able to via web browser although able to login.

Sponsored Links
Update...Marked each RF sensor as Unused but alarm will not set due to rf failure. Thought is may have allowed it to given there was no RF devices configured. Does anybody have any clues as to what could be the cause, hoping its not a hardware failure on RF part of the alarm but looking like it right now.

Phone Scantronic tech, don't fit Scantronic wireless. wouldnt be the first time i put a battery in upside down and got a failure off a unit.

does it not tell you which device?

The battery i replaced was for the alarm panel not for a sensors, all sensors that are failing. The web browser shows that no signal is being picked up from any of the sensors and it appears that the alarm panel its self is not able to work on the wireless part. Even when i go in and mark all radio zones (not used) i'm still unable to arm the alarm as its picking up that the RF system is not working.

Sponsored Links
the panel battery wasn't expecting that.

you can try tampering the sensors and putting lids back, if one device registers the tamper then you know its communicating if it doesnt check out the battery in the device with a meter.

is the expander plugged in properly or is it part of the main board

Tamper when trigged on any radio device is not detected on panel. Doesn't have an expander fitted, wireless feature provided onboard as per standard i-on40.

Les.

did you measure the device battery/ swap one out and see if device powers up?

I would be phoning technical dont know anyone that fits these well enough to advise on trouble shooting.

I cant see how swapping out a panel battery would have this affect.
i'll dig out a manual and have a look to see if anything jumps out at me.

As your trade you be able to phone Eaton/Scantronic tech

anything in the log, not seen anything obvious so far.

did you take the mains off when replacing the battery, or just hot swap.

Have you down powered the panel and back on?
If that fails I would try a full default and see.

Mains was powered down while battery was replaced. Tried full power reset but still shows RF failure. Going to try full factory reset tomorrow to see if it clears the fault otherwise I think its a new panel at £170.00

A couple of weeks prior we had multiple RF device failure which cleared after a power down reset and i'm now wondering if this was the start of a RF failure.

possibly, the question is why and what can be done, failed component?

no jamming? all devices batteries checked? how old is system?

did you manage to get hold of technical to see what they had to say?

Jamming not being reported but that did come up a few weeks ago but then cleared on entering Installation mode. All batteries check fine and all voltages at the panel are good. The system is about four years old so now out of any warranty. Haven't spoken to Eaton, not in the trade so they wouldn't take a call from me anyway. Although there is a module board close to the RF Arial this is fixed in so can't be changed without de soldering anyway so not an option. Will start looking for best price for a replacement.

maybe i have you mixed up with someone else...... thought you bought a Veritas off me a while back.

Hello,

Panel replacement arrived but shows i-0nh04+ so slightly different. Wired first keypad but when powered on the keypad just displays ' Press addr button(s) on wired keypad.

Press buttons but no good. Addr set to zero (all addr jumppers off). Anybody any idea?

Les.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back