Galaxy 2-12 reset - what about my wireless zones?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Just moved into a new home where we've inherited an unmonitored ADT fitted Galaxy 2-12. Upon setting the alarm we are met with a "comms failure" failure message, which we must bypass before being able to set the alarm.

I have no engineers code, so looks like my only choice is to reset all. However, to my annoyance, I've discovered that all 8 sensors in the home are wireless! and I have a wireless receiver of some sort that hooks into the 2-12's PCB. If I perform a reset, is there much programming to do with the wireless receiver, or is the wireless receiver simply detected as an add on with it's own set of settings? i.e. Do the sensor RF pairings remain intact or are they also lost after the reset?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The reset procedure on the G2 only resets the engineer and master user code. All settings with the exception of the time and date remain. If you have a comm's failure, then it's likely that you will need to remove the ADT phone numbers and account number from programming, as these will be the reason for the fail.

You shouldn't be looking to default the whole system.

You only want to default the engineer code/ Manager code. As far as I'm aware the only way to default the entire G2 panel is via the engineer menu. Once the codes have been defaulted you can disable the relevant comms programming.

I know ADT have there own galaxy firmware/ version. I don't know if this prevents you defaulting the codes. I know they like to lock down their equipment to make them more awkward to take over etc. Mabey someone can confirm this

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, you were right, the reset resolved my issues. Budnzeus, my bell does appear to be broken, what made you ask that?

Because it's a typical ADT throw it in system ..... No skill required to install it ...no external bell just an internal sounder if your lucky !

My sisters bought a house that had an adt alarm in it. Turns out the previous owners only leased the alarm and didn't own the panel, keypad or bell, I had to install her a new alarm after they came and removed the old one. Was a while ago but it runs in my mind they wanted something like £150 a year for it. I fitted a new panel and bell in for less than that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back