i think i have burnt my control panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After a misunderstanding with my cellular company i decided to change my gsm card for my powermax complete. But as i prove to be the stupidest person i know firstly i put wrongly my gsm module. After i turned on the alarm, the control panel was smelling burnt.I think i have destroyed it. I think the answer is no but can i do something to save the whole thing.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Internally, circuit boards run on smoke. The smell of burning means that some of the smoke has escaped and so the board will no longer work. It could be the board or the GSM module. Which one smells of burning? The only conclusive way to know which is to power them up and see which one works.

I have turned it on without the gsm module and the board doesn't respond. Just a slight hm hm hm from the speakers. I have one extra panel in my store room. I quess i ll have to give it a try next week. Ahhhhh all this programming again from the begining.....

Internally, circuit boards run on smoke. The smell of burning means that some of the smoke has escaped and so the board will no longer work.

:LOL:

You need a circuit board smoke re-charger service to top up the smoke levels back to normal ;)

I can think of no way of proving ekmdgrf wrong. Magic Smoke may well flow inside wires and components and, if you let it out, your equipment ceases to work. I know that it is impossible to get the Magic Smoke back in! :LOL:

Unlike Andywhit, I do not believe that you can re-charge the smoke; you must return the original Magic Smoke particles to the circuit or replace the parts with new ones.

Trying to prove/disprove the Magic Smoke theory is a bit like trying to find out the mortal status of Shroedinger's cat.

[Where's the 'tongue-in-cheek' emoticon?]

I have replaced my panel but guess what my gsm gives me a gsm fail error.
Am i miss something? Or my gsm-350 module is burnt also.How can i check to be completely sure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back