I WANT TO BECOME A SELF EMPLOYED PROFESSIONAL TILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHICH TYPE OF COURSE IS BEST AND WHICH TRAINING CENTRE IS THE BEST IN THE u.K . ALSO IS A CITY & GUILDS QUALIFICATION NESCESARY I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DRYLINE AND PLASTER IS THERE ANY THING ELSE THAT A PROFESSIONAL TILER ALSO NEEDS TO KNOW ,TO BE ABLE TO EARN A GOOD LIVING FROM THIS TRADE. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Go and kneel on your kitchen floor. Get up every few minutes then kneel back down. Do this for a few hours. Now get up and rub your hands in cement for a while. Go wash your hands, then rub in more cement. Repeat off and on for about 2 hours. Now go and do the floor kneeling again. Go and do the hands in cement for a bit again. Then go and pretend to clean your tiling equipment outside with the hosepipe - if it's not raining, get someone to pour water over you while you clean the tools.
See what state your knees and hands are in the following morning. (Knee pads are essential but they won't stop you getting knackered knees.) Now are you sure you want to be a tiler? ;)

try working for a tiler for a start, and not SHOUTING on your posts!!!

i get calls all the time from a local college trying to hook me up with an apprentice, they even cover some costs, i have never asked what costs they cover, but one can assume that its the bill for any Feck ups!

Sponsored Links
Go and kneel on your kitchen floor. Get up every few minutes then kneel back down. Do this for a few hours. Now get up and rub your hands in cement for a while. Go wash your hands, then rub in more cement. Repeat off and on for about 2 hours. Now go and do the floor kneeling again. Go and do the hands in cement for a bit again. Then go and pretend to clean your tiling equipment outside with the hosepipe - if it's not raining, get someone to pour water over you while you clean the tools.
See what state your knees and hands are in the following morning. (Knee pads are essential but they won't stop you getting knackered knees.) Now are you sure you want to be a tiler? ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back