I wonder if this is a legally binding bid???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Click me

I wonder what the seller thought when he checked his listing and saw the price? :eek: :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I knew small cars were gonna hold their price, What with fuel costs and new taxation classes but Blimey! :eek:

I reckon the postage will knock the price up a bit.
I like the bit at the end about using PayPal for protection, whats their limit £250 or something :LOL: :LOL:

But to be fair, it does have low mileage for the year.

;)

Sponsored Links
No wheel trims, have to knock the £300 off for that.

As far as I am aware, if you bid on something you are entering into a legally binding contract. If you win and don't pay, you are open to the person selling taking you to court for non payment - providing of course if they can track you down!

MIght not be a good idea to track this one down, one of his/her previous purchases is a cricket bat, perhaps for in the car eh? lol

No bids on ebay are not legally binding in this country, you can bid on a car but you don't have to buy it!
you could bid on a car or anything else, but when you go and collect and theres a knocking sound from the engine or the suspension would you still buy it.....I dont think so! I wouldn't anyway!

I believe a solicitor challenged the legality of these bids in court for some reason and he won, I think the buyer did try and take him to court stating the legally binding bid bit but the court disagreed with the seller!

If the item is not as described then I'd agree with you. But surely if the item is exactly as described then you have no reason to back out. You put a bid in knowing that if you won then you had to buy.

Sponsored Links
Back