icos he15 dead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a call from mother,her boiler would'nt fire up,but when i got there the problem was that there was no lights or display showing on the front panel.
so checked fuses all ok,dropped the main pcb,there was power going through the on off switch,which came from and returned to the pcb,found a fuse at the back of the pcb panel this was also ok.with a voltage on both sides.
so is the main pcb goosed?,is there anything else that could have caused it to fail?any other checks i can try?
i priced a new one and it was £140 quid,so i don't want to replace it and find it blows again or it's not the problem. thanks

Sponsored Links
probably the display dead cos of a leak. Check the connections on the back of the display and you might see water marks.

These Isar modules spontaneously 'goose' themselves for no good reason.

Ideal is rumoured to have faced severe financial difficulty as a result of warranty claims, but thankfully they'll make a mint from selling modules to owners of out-of-warranty boilers.

most likely the pcb, change loads! i always thought they wa around £180 tho.. if ya not sure ya could always get a fixed price repair from ideal or bg (bg do um for £168 outside of london) that way if something is taking the pcb out it will be covered under warranty

Sponsored Links
I would want to check the fan before replacing the pcb. These are very common at blowing the pcb.

Can't remember the ohms or colour wires to check off hand. Call Ideal tech, ask for Dave Kemp and you will be sorted ;)

thanks for the speedy replys,there are no water leaks or marks,i will try to find out about the fan,

panny are you anywhere near hampshire? if you are PM me i would be interested in the dead pcb details as i am taking Ideal to task on the failure of these blasted units and the need to replace pcb & control panels at £150 approx cost a time.
i would be glad to collect the dead unit from you if local.

kev

sorry kev,i live in wigan nr manchester.
i have found a manual on the he15.dos'nt tell the what the reading should be for the fan resistance?.
but says should get a fault number on the display for a pcb fault,dos'nt mention what to look for if the display is blank,
there are some cheaper on ebay,anyone used em.

yet again so many replies about ideal boilers,none of the clowns with the latter replies have actually added anything to your post

yet again so many replies about ideal boilers,none of the clowns with the latter replies have actually added anything to your post

its boring to see you defend your employer, at least try and make your brown nosing interesting or amusing in some way please. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back