Icos system 24 pcb problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I should have known better than touching one of these, from previous experience. Original problem. Boiler completely dead, power to board nothing after that. No probs had a second hand board from another Icos stuck it in, bingo. So picked up a new board fitted it, end of I thought. Noticed the boiler seemed to take a long time to fire up after the "C" was displayed. Was going to call Ideal Monday for advice (a joke in itself). Not much else I could do on a Saturday afternoon. Anyhow customer phoned back within a few hours, boiler dead no display. Any ideas.... New board is now probably fried the fuse never blows on these it seems. Probably the best bet is get Ideal in on their fixed price callout, if they still do it. Write the job off, expensive afternoons work. S**T happens.

Sponsored Links
Apart from just changing the PCB, what else did you test first?

Tony

Not much before changing the board. The boiler ran through its functions as it should after the new board fitted. The only thing was the time in between firing up, either on the boiler stat or an external call. There are 25 of these fitted on the same development. We had Ideal out to at least 8 of them in the warranty period. All PCB faults, with no further problems after. Obviously doesn't mean that they will all have the same fault. Have changed one boiler because the customer got so fed up of problems, hence having a second hand board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back