Ideal Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone tell me how I can turn on my IDEAL E-Type RS - 35N boiler on manually as the SM350 doesnt seem to be switching it on?

Sponsored Links
i see!

you can bypass the clock by linking the supply in (usually marked L) and the H/W or C/H on. usually HW on is 3. CH on is 4.
if the boiler then fires up just replace the clock with a new one

Sponsored Links
Ive attached a picture of the backplate.

Is it just a case of touching the wire in L into one of the other terminals?

If it fires up how do i switc
h it off?

HI :D

I'm a forum newbie!

Just want to vent my anger over Ideal combi boilers. We had ours installed by a company who were asking people if they were sick and tired of cowboys and clowns not doing the job properly - they should take their own god-damned advice!

After 4 and a half years of trouble free operation the bloody thing is starting to collapse. It started to run as if giving hot water (D) with no burner light and it was under fault condition where the blow off operated.....with watery results! They had not installed the blow off line properly (just stuck a bit of pipe into the old overflow pipe) and bodged it!

Can I just say here that Homeserve have been brilliant!! Thank You guys!

In the last few weeks umpteen engineers, parts (and an Ideal engineer) could not fix our combi and things are going downhill so rapid now we are having a baxi combi installed soon as this IDEAL is dying!

If we switch it off overnight.....it leaks like hell by morning talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Now just this morning the display has died....yet the thing is still giving hot (or should I now say scalding) water along with the central heating.

Would I recommend IDEAL boilers? LIKE HELL I WOULD! I Can't wait to get this bit of crap out of my house.

IDEAL BOILERS - AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! AT ALL COSTS!

with a short piece of wire any size between 0.75 & 1.5 make a link wire
link L and 3 together - it should now give you hot water
then remove link
link L & 4 together - it should now give you c/h

if both of these set ups get each circuit running then remove the link and get a new timeclock a drayton 522 or horstmann H27 would be suitable if the switchmaster isn't available
they will be the same backplate

So wasnt fitted properly soundman and probably never serviced, loads of engineers round about it before you actually call in Ideal, but its Ideals fault! :rolleyes:

HI

THANKS FOR ALL REPLIES!

The boiler has been serviced every year since 2005. Like I said, 4 and a half years of great operation.....then it all starts coming down like a house of cards.

The sooner we get the new boiler in the better - just waiting of Homeserve coming out to this piece of junk to keep it running til' we get the new one.

Looks like the regulation of the hot water and heating has gone completely screwball! Yes, it IS ideal's fault for making the bloody thing to start with!

When this is taken out of my home, I'm going to borrow a mell hammer and beat the living daylights out of it......AND I CAN'T WAIT!

HI KEVINDGAS

When the time comes around, I'll see what I can do regarding a few pictures!

:mrgreen:

HI ALL

Just a little update for you! Now the boiler is leaking again and I'm going to get a phone call from Ideal tomorrow to arrange an appointment.

THEY ARE GONNA GET IT WITH BOTH BARRELS!

We are just waiting to hear back from the heating engineer to get a date set for the new installation......BRING IT ON!

HI ALL

Just a little update for you! Now the boiler is leaking again and I'm going to get a phone call from Ideal tomorrow to arrange an appointment.

THEY ARE GONNA GET IT WITH BOTH BARRELS!

We are just waiting to hear back from the heating engineer to get a date set for the new installation......BRING IT ON!

are you one of these ****s* who starts whining the minute an engineer starts walking up your drive as if its somehow his fault your system was installed incorrectly? carp boiler or not theres no need to be having a go at the guy sent to sort someone elses ****.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back