Ideal Boilers

Paul we had an issue a while back with the 3 pin connection on Mini's with Wilo pumps.
The Logic uses a Grundfos!

Sponsored Links
I hate them do a lot of breakdowns these days, between 5-10 a day and i can without doubt say Ideal are amongst the worse boilers i have worked on, Isars and Icos's are ****e, Ideals are ****e they are anything but their namesake and if this is british manufacturing throw it on the scrap heap wtih the rest of it, I find Worcesters and Vaillant by far the best also heard Veissman quite good only worked on a handfull and many parts are special order, however they seem well made and easy to work on from what ive seen, not so many around at the min though, stick with Worcester i say, well made and proven, infact bring back the CDI's ha ha

I think Worcestors are manu' in the U.K , Vaillant not so sure ?? as for worcestor's , there oill boiler's (condenser's) leave alot to be desired !!!

British manufacturing is no different to mosyt other country's , mistake's occur !!!

I think Worcestors are manu' in the U.K , Vaillant not so sure ?? as for worcestor's , there oill boiler's (condenser's) leave alot to be desired !!!

British manufacturing is no different to mosyt other country's , mistake's occur !!!

Sorry i only work on NG, dont have a clue about the oil ones in all honesty, i thought Worcester Bosch were German and i thought Vaillant was also could be wrong though , Also form what i see a lot less of these two breakdown in comparrison with the ammount fitted, compared with Ideal which i put into the same bracket as Glow Worm, Ariston, Biasi, Ferroli and the like

Sponsored Links
Worcestor Bosch are German , Bosch bought out worcestor years ago , Worcestor were I beleive the pioneer's of the U'K made combi , british engineering !!

Vaillant are also part of I believe Gloworm ??? or the other way around ??
Vaillant are I believe German . Who recently aquired Heatline ( made in Turkey ?? )

Biasi , alway's a budget boiler , but the product is good or was good , they have recently redesigned there B rated boiler , gone to ally heatb exc like Worcestor , who I think are overated !

Worcestor Bosch are German , Bosch bought out worcestor years ago , Worcestor were I beleive the pioneer's of the U'K made combi , british engineering !!

Vaillant are also part of I believe Gloworm ??? or the other way around ??
Vaillant are I believe German . Who recently aquired Heatline ( made in Turkey ?? )

Biasi , alway's a budget boiler , but the product is good or was good , they have recently redesigned there B rated boiler , gone to ally heatb exc like Worcestor , who I think are overated !

True VAILLANT HAVE BOUGHT glow worm, sold out when they did that, however i stand by the fack clow worms (recent) arent so good cxi's/hxi's poor poor poor flexicoms, not had to much trouble but time will tell on them

What you need to install , is a boiler from a British company , going since 1924 , boiler's manufactured in the U.K , british manufacturing = british job's , good old Johnson & Starley , stainless steel heat exc' , same as Vaillant ect ect :)

Must admit got forced into repairing a J Starley Reno, I have seen worse things.
When I managed to get the stupid turbine out, not too bad.

:) Use to fit alot of Halstead's , the halstead best , got a halstead bently in my house must be 16 years old ??? only fault's blocked pilot injector every so often . than they brought out the hero , turkey would have been a more accurate name !!

Fitted about 40 ravenheat csi boiler's , I was suffering brain fade at the time !!! absolute rubbish !!
363 biasi boiler's , decent product , lousey company !!

No johnson & starley , british boiler's , british engineering , british job's , u all know it makes sense :D

Incidentally howmuchlonger08 , what was the problem with the Reno ?????

Never worked on a J&S boiler, worked on a lot of their WAU though, they were not that bad as far as warm airs go, but then again thats warm airs isnt it

:) Never got that much involved with the warm air , did a few , they were fitted alot in local authority house's , up north ??? they proved to be so reliable that j&S were approached by several local authority's , & asked to come up with a wet boiler , different ball game but time will tell !!

To be honest boiler reliability generally , is down the collective toilet !! , pick the best of a bad bunch maybe ??? the general public will pay a heavy price in the future for this technology ? & all of these 5 year plus warranty's , will in my opinion end in tear;s for alot of installer's ??!!

WARNING
Edited on the 27th Feb 2011 The Johnson & Starley Renos have proven to be the most unreliable boilers we have ever had the misfortune to install a total disgrace !

To be honest when I look at that boiler I get a 'Meh' feeling. The J&S boiler is fairly uninspiring box of bits.

Nothing new in design or ideas. It is basically the same as almost every other boiler. Even the "made in Britain" is stretching it a bit...more like "assembly of foreign parts in Britain" :LOL:

Nothing against J&S, i’m in no doubt this average boiler will have average performance and average reliability.

I started to install intergas boilers because they at least thinking outside the box and have the potential to have a long life for my customers with high performance/ efficiency

Saying that I wish them all the best and I would pick/install this J&S over a Valliant or WB. Also good to see opentherm as an option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back