Ideal Boilers

All in all, not a bad presentation from Ideal. Held their hands up on the Isar/Icos issues. Talked about the things they learned from Isar/Icos problems and about the components they kept.

Was in a room with about a dozen engineers and you could see the split: installers somewhat impressed and repairs not so convinced.

Routine servicing seems a bit more complicated than the WB but no mandatory seal changes.

Sponsored Links
I bet if you called tech help tomorrow, they would still deny there were any problems with Isar etc.

Everyone at Ideal seems to sing off a different hymn sheet :eek:

All in all, not a bad presentation from Ideal. Held their hands up on the Isar/Icos issues.

It is a pity that they couldn't be bothered to sort out the issues through the production run so at least they could have ended up with a good boiler. I think that any manufacturer could be forgiven for having issues with early models as long as these issues are fixed. The isar/Icos could have been good little boilers if they had made the extra effort..

To produce the Response was unfortunate, to produce the Isar is unforgivable.

I ripped out a Ravenheat that was 3 years old, 10 leaks on it and a blown PCB, fitted by Warmfront, Ravenheat not interested after 12 months as they "only do warranty work" was their comment, they are all as bad.

Just look at the shiite WB came out with a few years back to compete with the cheap end of the market.

Sponsored Links
To be fair the Logic looks OK to me. Compared to the Ferroli 5yr guarantee I would take the Ideal one every time. Also saw the Ferroli and Ideal side by side with cases off. Makes ferooli look really cheap and nasty.

But I am mainly fitting Avanta Plus right now because my supplying merchant has a deal with Remeha that I can personally do all warraty repairs, the dealer has full parts kit and I have my own smaller parts kit which I actually bought to offer my custards a better response time. But haven't had any problems anyway.

As for cheap boilers , I don't like cheap jobs anyway but if custard is insistant I say go to ba nd q and buy a bisasi and I'll fit it. Biasis are hidden gems.

As for bet boiler. I would like a go at Intergas. They m,ight knock Avanta off it's perch in my organisation.

But no issue with the new Ideal, looks like they have learned their lesson or sacked some complete incompetent!

All in all, not a bad presentation from Ideal. Held their hands up on the Isar/Icos issues. Talked about the things they learned from Isar/Icos problems and about the components they kept.

Did they talk about what they learned from the minimiser? the response? the turbo? the classic combi? the icos and isar mark XVVIIII?
No they left it til they the only ones left in any doubt that they hadn't made a decent boiler since the end of the classic(which lets face it, a SE heat only, I could make a reliable one myself :rolleyes: ).
10+yrs of junk is unforgivable. Not accepting its junk is unforgivable.

If they want good PR, forget banging on about a new boiler, how about offering all parts on all previous Ideal condensing boilers at half price, then I might give them some consideration. Until then, they can get fooked.

I ripped out a Ravenheat that was 3 years old, 10 leaks on it and a blown PCB, fitted by Warmfront, Ravenheat not interested after 12 months as they "only do warranty work" was their comment, they are all as bad.

Just look at the s**** WB came out with a few years back to compete with the cheap end of the market.

No what you've discovered is Ravenheat are as bad as Ideal! Hardly a revelation! While your at it, add all the other junk to the list....Ferrolli, Sime etc....... and the WB marketing machine realised there was a market for a cheap piece of junk with a pretty WB case! again, no surprise.

Just look at the s**** WB came out with a few years back to compete with the cheap end of the market.

No what you've discovered is Ravenheat are as bad as Ideal! Hardly a revelation! While your at it, add all the other junk to the list....Ferrolli, Sime etc....... and the WB marketing machine realised there was a market for a cheap piece of junk with a pretty WB case! again, no surprise.

So morale of the tale is, may as well be ripped off for a low price as for a higher price, there aint many customers around wanting to pay loads of money out for a posh boiler, I am not going to work for less money "again" as well as do and buy a FGA and course on top off all my old and new overheads dreamt up by some suit and tie ech week, and at my age I aint looking to be here forever, so the money has to come off somewhere so it's on the price of the boller, we allready get the "oh I can get it off the net for £ less" thrown at us enough, and with such as Travis Perkins stabbing us in the back with cheap electric showers in the guise of Wickes ect, it all comes down to money, well I personally aint gonna bail out the economy, so I go for the best cheapest and longest warranty easiest to commision boiler, at this minute it's an Ideal Logic+ ,it's in my nature to do a good job, so pricing cheap and fling it in with no profit is a non starter, as I end up funding the job out of my own pocket, which isn't good business sense.

All this crap has sprung up from regs demanding more efficiency, so the public is reaping the problems brougth in by suits and ties, by the the time you add up the the smaller life span of a condenser, the condensate nuetraliser, the consate pump the Magna clean filter the broken motorsed valves the cleanser rust inhibitor, aluminium particulates in the air FGA's made and serviced, Vans running round delivering repairing blah bloody blah, this is fokin up the environemnt more than a standing pilot boiler we you could service in 20 minutes and fit a T/couple lasting 30 years or more, all we need is hot radiators and hot water, we dont need the boiler to fly a space shuttle mission, but thats how they have become, public gets what public deserves for being so bloody complacent, good old Brit complacency abundant with everything, we just roll over EVERYTIME.

sorry to all the guys that love ideal now but it have been proved over and over and over again that ideal are incompetent boiler company... are you all really cheering ideal for making a slight less crap boiler?

the only credit I will give ideal for is pull out all the stops with it PR department.

nothing to do with price, condensing technology or any other excuse ideal could come up with it.... they are simply an incompetent as boiler company. that we have seen time and again have made duff boilers.

but feel free to test out this boiler but lets try and pretend that it is all different now and we should give ideal a free pass after makes such horrible boilers. lets think of all the misery and heartache they have cause RGI and customers.

How long has the logic been out now? all of you guys installing them must need your heads looked at! Look at the absolute dogs they produced over the last 10 years!

They need at least 2 years before they should be considered by any installer who values his/her reputation.

Why risk it?

mehran";p="1590785 said:
sorry to all the guys that love ideal now but it have been proved over and over and over again that ideal are incompetent boiler company... are you all really cheering ideal for making a slight less crap boiler?

the only credit I will give ideal for is pull out all the stops with it PR department.

nothing to do with price, condensing technology or any other excuse ideal could come up with it.... they are simply an incompetent as boiler company. that we have seen time and again have made duff boilers.

but feel free to test out this boiler but lets try and pretend that it is all different now and we should give ideal a free pass after makes such horrible boilers. lets think of all the misery and heartache they have cause RGI and customers.[/quote

No more than any other maker, have you tried removing the plated heat exchanger on a Highflow 400, what a total bastard to remove, you have to take off the pump the diverter the top manifold the bottom manifold the cold pipe the hot pipe.................and all those kin O rings, then put it all back together and.........

so basically because some other boiler makes have/ had make duff boilers that it is some how OK for ideal to do so? sorry but that does not wash with me.

so basically because some other boiler makes have/ had make duff boilers that it is some how OK for ideal to do so? sorry but that does not wash with me.

It's not allright for any manufacturer to produce crap, but being a fair minded chap I dont see why Ideal should be singled out, Glowworm has brought out some absolute garbage, and I also havent forgot the PCB fiasco with the Ultimate boilers, they past me from pillar to post on the phone one winters day, and eventually palmed me off to the GATE MAN BELPER FFS, plus their 50pence a minute to talk to technical FFS, but nobody seems to be mentioning that either, or do we only have short memories for certain makes ? no way am I defending Ideal for past crimes, or if they bring out crap boilers, but I am not going unfairly single them out either, which others seem that they want to do.

I quite agree with pvman The boiler appears to be a good one. They are made within working distance of me so work in the factory will improve the lcoal economy and the gross national product.

Why go out of your way to import boilers? British industry is struggling enough without you nay sayers help.

Every dog has it's day, take a look at the new boiler.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
No more than any other maker, have you tried removing the plated heat exchanger on a Highflow 400, what a total b*****d to remove, you have to take off the pump the diverter the top manifold the bottom manifold the cold pipe the hot pipe.................and all those kin O rings, then put it all back together and.........

time consuming but not difficult.

ive not seen the logic yet but it looks good on paper.

the only thing that worries me is the pump and the boilers hypersensitivity to bypass issues. i can forsee major future problems when the system gets dirty and the logic starts showing L3 every second day.

a mate who works for ideal is already having calls for L3 on logics. lots of them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back