Ideal Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideal are coming down to visit our gas engineers tomorrow and to flog us their boilers. We current fit Worcester Bosch and are pretty happy with them; their boilers are rather well-behaved.

Seems quite a few installers here aren't keen on Ideal, particularly the Icos. Any other models worth a look? Any thing to be wary of?

We've got some old Mexicos and Classics FF230/340 which have been ticking over quite nicely for yonks.

Sponsored Links
Fitted 2 Logic+ 24 Kw, finished one yesterday, I really like them, easy to fit, smart looking, english easy to understand display no stupid " meaningless error codes"
plenty of room inside for maintenance, not complicated to commision, all ready on board weather compensation and opentherm connections, if they prove to be ok I will carry on fittng them.
As far as the Evo/Isar/Icos range, I have fitted quite a few and not had any real problems other than the PCB's, but then who hasn't, I have one in my house, yes it's had a PCB but thats all in about 5 years, what manufacturer hasn't had problems. with something.
I used to fit Worcesters all the time, but then they got overcomplicated, ripped off one of my customers for £183.00 for 5minutes in the house without a spanner out and didn't fix the problem, and with a miserly 12 months warranty compared to 5 years for a logic+, it's pretty obvious what I am going to buy, Worcester ****s me off with their "The installers choice" *******s, I am an installer and they aint my choice.

customer service - non existant
boilers - absolutely unreliable

why fit ****??

Ideal won't get any business from us ever again. We wouldn't touch their ****e if they were the only manufacturer left.

if you want cheap boilers there are plenty on the market all are far better than the crud Ideal have produced in the last decade.

buy their boilers if you don't value your business as fitting Ideal crap will **** you for a long time!

as for warranties forget it they will use every trick in the book not to honour them.
you have been warned.

If you fit the built in clock to the logic you must fit a roomstat(even though part l says you should anyway)

failure to do so will result in the boiler constantly being in pump over run and distroying pump and board.

Sponsored Links
If you fit the built in clock to the logic you must fit a roomstat(even though part l says you should anyway)

failure to do so will result in the boiler constantly being in pump over run and distroying pump and board.

Cool, will serve the cowboys right for not doing what they are supposed to do, I went to a brand new installation last sunday evening, not one I had fitted, customer had a leak but couldn't get hold of the installer, he had forgotten to solder a fitting under the upstairs floor, water piissing through ceiling, anyway, they got Ferroli out because of the continual going to fault on the boiler, well the chap wouldn't go in the loft to the boiler as there was no fixed ladder, I also pointed out no roomstat, HOW LONG HAS PART L APRIL 2002 BEEN IN NOW.

Fitted a Logic + last weekend, Honeywell RF Prog. room stat, 15mm gas supply, WORKS BRILL. customer now has 5 yrs cover

It's scary how short memory's installers have :eek: Bit like politics and the public :rolleyes:

Ideal, NEVER again. :evil:

It's scary how short memory's installers have :eek: Bit like politics and the public :rolleyes:

You could say exactly the same about Baxi Combi's, then they brought out the Platinum with 5 years cover and they are in good books again, all makers have had probs of one description or another,

You could say exactly the same about Baxi Combi's, then they brought out the Platinum with 5 years cover and they are in good books again, all makers have had probs of one description or another,

fitted loads of Baxi combi's in the past never had any problems, fitted Ideal combi's had nothing but trouble.

fitted loads of Baxi combi's in the past never had any problems, fitted Ideal combi's had nothing but trouble.

Spot on mate, i was at a 8 year old 80eco today, never been serviced once in that time, only needed a new thermistor!!!
Replaced a 3 year old Isar last week with a Duo cause it was foooked

Hear hear. Ripping an Ideal out for a Broag tommorow. Its 4 years old.

I do like the Viessmans aswell.

Soggy.

I have absolute faith , in that those ( or some ??) manufacturer's giving a 5 year plus warranty on there boiler's will , when it start's to hurt them finacially , find some excuse in order to weasle there way out of any in warranty obligation's , this may well come back to haunt installer's in the future !!!!!!!!!!!??????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back