Ideal Boilers

a mate who works for ideal is already having calls for L3 on logics. lots of them.

you must be a liar, the Ideal engineers and marketing machine have been telling us they don't go wrong :LOL:

Sponsored Links
we have fit in the last 6 year over 200 baxi boilers. solo, megaflo, duotec 105he and platinum. not one single problem due to their product, the biggest prob weve ever had is a double check valve on the new style integral filling loop blocked up for which baxi couldnt be blamed, we have lost jobs because other people have got a cheaper quote for an inferior boiler, however we have saved money on unpaid hours of work, putting these other boilers right. we fit 2 worcester greenstar's both had probs. the 1st was that bad they replaced the whole boiler. everthing is better about a baxi i cant pick a fault with it. the pre plumb jig is excellent, multifit flue options are fantastic. integral clocks and easy to get at parts is second to none. also a auto air vent on top and on the pump ensure a healthy system. my only critcism is that you should get brackets with flue extentions and self tapings screws to keep everything together. we did a site with 105 ideal icos' and had their maintenence team out to every second one, i dont care how good the logic is. their is nothing worse than telling a customer the boiler you have provided is faulty straight away! i will be sticking to baxi's as i can see any thing better out there

That fits in with Ideals' warranty them, always the installers fault, or spiders webs as tech used to tell me :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've said before that I think they are also the ugliest boiler on the market.

Sponsored Links
Who is this mate???
The boiler has no problems with flow as it has a built in bypass (although 10% of min load still required on rad circuit)
I turned of the flow isolating valve on one and the boiler just modulated down to min and went round internal bypass (uses plate hex) then went off with no noise no drama whatsoever.

Who is this mate???
The boiler has no problems with flow as it has a built in bypass (although 10% of min load still required on rad circuit)
I turned of the flow isolating valve on one and the boiler just modulated down to min and went round internal bypass (uses plate hex) then went off with no noise no drama whatsoever.

i'll have to ask him about that. he says most L3 issues are to do with the crappy pump connections.

Who is this mate???

could it be due to differences in water hardness? i ask in interest as it seems that you (sham) don't find the problem, yet another engineer is getting L3 calls? or is it just the usual denial tactics of anything associated with this shower of ****e company.

Biggest problem now for Ideal installers is that when they quote for one and their customer goes on t'internet to see what it is......well, have a look and see what comes up when you google it..Diynot members arguing about its pros and mostly cons. Its not worth risking losing a job tbh. The internet is a major force in our industry, recommend something that gets criticised and youe customers may walk away.

dont understand what the pump connections have to do with L3 fault code,
temp differential exceeded 30 brings up L3, same as S53 code on vailant.

I or we have never been involved with fitting Ideal boiler's , but the way I see it , Ideal is a british based company , who manufacture in the U.K (?) this = british job's , it would be good for the economy & british manufacturing if they succeed , some one is purchasing Logic's , bloke in plumbcentre told me they are selling like hot cake's , I personally will not use them than I never have !!! do not like alloy heat exc's !!! time will tell ?

dont understand what the pump connections have to do with L3 fault code,
temp differential exceeded 30 brings up L3, same as S53 code on vailant.

i'm guessing, seeing as i haven't clapped eyes on one yet, that L3 comes up as the pump has crappy connections. once the pump connections are wired out the problem stops.

I have seen one boiler where the three pin plug onto the pump wasn't pushed fully home causing it not to make connection to pump. Fixed in under 10 seconds.
Mibbee this is what he had.
But loads, nah I don't think so. The ideal engineers have all recently had extra training on logics as the initial training was 18 months ago and the bulk of engineers hadn't seen one since as very few breakdowns.

I have seen one boiler where the three pin plug onto the pump wasn't pushed fully home causing it not to make connection to pump

So it is a fault that you've seen then, so it could well be good info. Not so long ago you told us only 2 had failed in the whole of Scotland. So I can only assume this was one of them.

I have seen one boiler where the three pin plug onto the pump wasn't pushed fully home causing it not to make connection to pump. Fixed in under 10 seconds.
But loads, nah I don't think so. The ideal engineers have all recently had extra training on logics as the initial training was 18 months ago and the bulk of engineers hadn't seen one since as very few breakdowns.

time will tell i suppose but he has been to plenty.

I got the same thing when ALpha changed from Grundfos tio Wilo hydroblock, is that what Ideal have done?

Alpha told me that Wilo gave tyhem a much better guarantee. But we at Alpha were suspicious of the plastic manifold on the hydroblock, thoiugh non pinholed while I was there. Whether they have started about now to pinhole I wouldn't have any way of knowing.

But with the cost of raw metals we are bound to see a lot more nylon 6 and similar hydroblocks.

The Wilo pumps seem to be ok as long as the factory people push the plug home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back