ideal elan casing seal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or phone and ask gas safe if its allowed, and if not the reason why not.

We used to stock uneversal case seals many years ago, and were all stopped a long time ago beacuse they are to be frank utter Sh***, they can perish a long time before you would even think to inspect it.

We can't stop you doing what you want in your own house. But I would think about what your planning to fit.

Sponsored Links
@ scottishgasman l; thanks for the honest & helpful reply! Pity the rest were not like you!
BTW I did have several spares for the boiler but as I said its been fitted for 25 years or more now!
I also have had experience of modern boilers being condemned after 6 or 7 years by reg gas fitters who i get to inspect my rental properties ( Which btw, I always get to carry out all repairs & servicing & certification - AS PER THE LAW!

The funniest bit is if you truly are "competent" why havnt you learnt to use google instead of coming on here and spouting off when ppl try and give you advice that may save your life?

You could have done your bodge job in the time youv spent posting.

My twopence worth-Buy a CO Detector, in fact no..Buy 2.

Sponsored Links
she's a landlord, speaks for itself really, only gets a RGI for the CP12 because she has to by law, but quite happy to put herself & her family at risk for the sake of a few quid :rolleyes:

BTW i haven't come across a competent landlord yet unless they are an RGI then they wouldn't need us

There are a lot of dead people who thought they were 100% comfortable doing what killed them. It's your funeral.

boiler is balanced flue? casing pressure? a clue in the type?
Why is it people do not actually read all of anyones posts? All you read was that I am not a paid up member of gas safe! As I already stated
( & please feel free to check this with HSE if you think Im making it up!)
I AM permitted to work on my own gas appliances if I am competent.
What you & many like you seem to be implying is unless youre Gas Safe ( or whatever its called this week!) membership is paid up to date then you are incompetent! How could a person be competent one day & if he did not renew his membership the next he would be incompetent?
FYI I have not only installed this boiler ( as I stated previously!) but have carried out any servicing & repairs over the past 25 odd years hence probably making me more familiar with it than many here!

I promised myself I wouldnt get into this pointless argument ( as I know its falls on deaf ears) as all I wanted to know was: did anyone know where i could obtain a said seal?
If you dont know, thats fine, no need to lecture me on your opinion of the laws of this country!

We are still waiting for proof of competence? Take it your ACS was taken within the last 5 years?

He/she ignored my request for details of why they think they are competent!

I think we have all formed our own views on that!

Don't mess about just change the boiler. Your existing boiler is 23 years old
man!

Boilers don't last forever.

I would do so if I was still able to buy a similar conventional boiler! As Ive said, I dont want to buy one of the new condensing ones because although I know they are more efficient for gas use, they will cost far more in the long run due to their unreliability!

No only do you want to do DIY gas work when not registered but you dont want to comply with Building Regulations which require condensing boilers since 2005 !

its a balanced flue boiler & the casing is not enclosing any pressure above atmospheric or flue gasses

so there you go TROLLS she has just proved she is competent :rolleyes:

you stupid woman what do the think the case seal is for, to make it look pretty ? it's to stop the flue gasses from coming out of the case & killing you

Yes, there was indeed a fanned version.Mine isnt.
Thats why mine is named an RS40, if it was a fanned version it would then be called a 40F.
OK?

the fact that you don't understand in the slightest how a B/F boiler works & why the case seal is so important means not only are you not competent but you are a danger to yourself & everyone around you, there is a very good reason why this forum doesn't allow us to give diy gas advice & you are a shining example of that.

btw as you are too thick to realise when someone started talking about trolls they were ref to you not us.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back