Ideal Icos HE18 Boiler will not light up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. I had a main house fuse blow this morning( now fixed). But, now my boiler will not light up. I have followed the relight procedure and it starts to wind up and then it cuts out and will not flash up again. Has anyone had this problem before, and what is the fix. Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for answering corgiman. The front control panel reads that there is a Central heating demand 'c' and the blue burner light just keeps flashing. Have had an error code of H6 but cannot recreate this.

H6 norminally means the PCB ( I think)

try turning the mains electric off to it for 30 secs and then try it again

Sponsored Links
Thanks for coming back
I tried that. The boiler ran up the blue light stopped flashing for a while. Then the boiler had a rumble inside and it shut itself down again with the blue light flashing again. Does this shed any light on the problem. I do hope it is not the PCB as I have heard they are expensive, any idea on a PCB price for the HE18.

Around about 200

but I am not sure its that

how did you fix the fuse?

did a sparks work on it?

does it do anything else or do you just have "c" and the light flashing permanantly?

Thanks Corgiman,

Thanks for the replies guys.

We had the Southern Electric come out to fix it as it was the main 100A fuse that blew.

As for the display - Right then.. I have just tried these..

If I turn the system off and on with only the HW 'Continuous' selected the display shows '2' and then this changes to 'C' and the blue light flashes - lights up rumbles and shuts down

If I do the same routine with only CH 'Continuous' selected I get the '2' then the 'C' and the blue light flashes - lights up rumbles and shuts down.

I have checked the wireless thermostat and the controller is showing a green light to say that it is getting a signal,and the temp is up at max.

Sorry guys,
I forgot to say in both instances the 'C' stay on the display and the blue light just keeps on flashing for a while and then it goes out but the 'C' stays on contstantly.

No idea. We had both showers on aswell as other appliances. The sparky said the fuse may have been week as it was one of the old ones.

Sorry But I have to bow out

IMHO i reckon there is something wrong with the earth on the boiler but I would expect an "LF" fault code to come up

I would recommend BG fixed rate service to sort this out

sorry

Thanks Corgiman and petit_pablo for the suggestions. I will post the fix when I get it done. cheers all.

Good luck clan

Agile, soggy, gasguru, chrisr, gas4you and all the other top top lads may look in on this post and may have another take on it so watch this space while you wait for a RGI to attend

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back