IDEAL ICOS SYSTEM BOILER one for the engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a simple question for you lot but Iv not done much in the way of repairs. My friends ICOS SYSTEM boiler make a very loud thudding and vibrating as soon as the boiler is switched on. So therefore Im thinking the pump has gone. (although the heating and hot water still works) Checked the system pressure and it is 0 bar. Would the lack of system pressure cause the pump to go?

Also if it is the pump how easy is it to change can I just buy an Ideal pump head and swap just the head

Sponsored Links
Yes you can, but i doubt its the pump if everything stlll works, also if no press in sys and boiler at top of sys, they usually trip on dry fire stat, have you checked the burner to makesre insulaion pads havent fallen in?

Ollie, surely you are not advising a DIYer to open the combustion chamber?

Sponsored Links
If the pressure is on 0,then surely the first thing he needs to do is top it up?
Then vent the rads to make sure all the air is out,THEN worry about the pump if its still making the noise.Might just be stuck.

I find i get on okay with boilers, gas etc, with the correct advice, for those of you who don't wish to help, for obvious reasons, them don't, please don't slate other people for giving advice that I may need. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back