Ideal independant 30 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice would be appreciated !
Currently have an ideal isar 30 boiler which has lasted 6 years and seems to be giving up now! Hot water fluctuates between luke warm then very hot everywhere in the house!
We are looking to get a new boiler as my parents are coming to live with us soon and thought it would be best to start fresh.
Our current gas guy who services the boiler also fits them and suggested an ideal indepent 30. He said they are much better than the ideal isar. I'd never heard of it! Did a search on line but can't see any reviews on this boiler at all so i cant tell if it is good or not ( can only presume its ok or i would find the bad reviews! ) i was a bit put off by the look of it though as it has a funny timer thing on the front ( seemed a bit pre-historic to me! ) as most boilers seem digital now. I have an end of terrace property, 1 bathroom and 8 radiators If this helps! Been quoted £1200 for fitting of this with thermostats etc... I don't mind spending more i was just unsure about the boiler itself! Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
You've had one ideal boiler last 6 years do you think that is good/acceptable?
Would you like another bottom of the range boiler from middle of the road manufacturer?

You could always have your boiler fixed.
£1200 you will be back to square one in no time.
I doubt there would be a power flush included.

Your existing boiler is most likely full of ****e cost the system wasn't cleaned out when that boiler went in.

Sponsored Links
The installer will do well financially aswell cos it'll only take about 2 hours.
He's probably3/4 a day

Yea that was for supply and fit! Can you recommend a good boiler please as i have also read bad reviews about vaillants and wocester!
Yeah i was thinking the same about ideal but then i have read that the new one's are better!

To be fair ideals latest range to seem pretty good but the independent is the budget one in the range.
If it's ideal the vouge and maybe logic+

My preferred choice is Viessmann haven't fitted anything else for a couple of years now.
If I were to fit others
Vaillant(although it would pain me personally)
Glowworm
Baxi

Atag and intergas than Dan mention of I have no personal experience of, they are less mainstream but don't take that as a bad thing.
Most importantly a descent combi boiler will cost what you have been quoted(if not more) for boiler/flue/controls alone before you add any labour

Have you done many 200's GSS?

The only Viessmann I would consider - in the best Alec stylee only worth it if you can take full advantage of the German OCD.

Only fitted one 200

Fitted around 150 100 range. Combis, systems (quite a few 4 pipe) and ov
Got a few 5 years+ and no problems yet only had 4 warranty visits in that time and only 1 was the boiler

The cost of the 200 usually puts people off. Not worth it for a combi imo
And too many out there who want it a 200 wc 4 pipe hw priority until they get the quote

We're hijacking this now but can u see any reason why I can't blank off hw return and do a 3 pipe?
Got a job to quote on with an ov downstairs and 2 2ports pump etc down to boiler but cyl and upstairs htg return joins under the floor somewhere.

Thanks guys at least i know what i am dealing with now, its a big world of boilers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back