Ideal isar 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any tell me what alternating h5 is? i have the M I Instructions but this isn't included, the combi was installed in 08, with the orange pcb, thanks.

Sponsored Links
it's telling you to get a job instead of being a jobless parasite.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, i know that,my reason for asking. I know now what it is, but thanks for taking the trouble to help.

I'm actually trying to help a friend with his combi, the rads were heating when the hot tap was turned on, so i changed the diverter valve cartridge, put everything back together and tried to power up but nothing.

I there a fuse ive missed.? power to the pcb, the gas valve reads 6 v, so something is coming out. I tried his pcb on mine, hence asking about H5, (which was jumper pins in the wrong place), his pcb works in my combi,(after pin rearrangement) as does his front panel.

Any clues ? All that hasn't been done is the loom gone through on everywire, sounds a bit far fetched though.

The only fuses should be a 3A in the mains circuit into the boiler and one on the PCB which is 1.3A I think. But if the PCB is un effected and still working it won't be either I wouldn't have thought.

Id have put it down to a mechanical fault rather than electronic.

When you say there's nothing In his boiler, do you mean nothing at all, not even powering up or nothing happening but displaying an error code?

Nothing on the display, zilch, the display has been tested and works, the pcb has been tested and works, the spur fuse is fine as power is to the pcb. Tried two looms to the display, doing my fookin head in, changed a valve insert for gods sake!!!All the taps are open, and watered up, which is irelevant.

How can you suspect mechanical?

It would seem that you are not gas registered, possibly dont work, and are trying to repair boilers when you are not qualified or experienced to do so.

if some or all of those is correct then dont expect many boiler engineers to be rushing to help you when you are undercutting them from an unqualified position.

To make it clearer, all Gas Safe engineers have to retake their gas assessments every five years at a cost of about £900. They also have to pay for public liability insurance at about £500+ each year.

H5 either means it needs a new PCB or the links need reseating. I'm guessing it was working fine until the fault so it stands agood chance it needs a new pcb. (expensive)

Thanks for your reply tony, you have helped me 3 times before and i really appreciate that, it is true, i'm not gas registered but i'm only working on the water side, or 12 volt, i won't do gas, my friends combi is similar to mine.

Am i asking a question that is helping people like myself to understand, to much?

I have spare he24s, i know every part, what it does, it's values with the ohms, this is for a friend, so your saying no pro will give the proper answer in case they say too much?.

I'm taking no work off no one

When on the railway, my assesments were £600 every 2 yrs, and costs for D/A tests every 2yrs, + costs for yourself too keep up,just like you guys.

Gassafetony, read before you seed.

:rolleyes:

A fair bit less than it costs me... you probably still got paid while on training?

GST is not necessarily wrong. H5 is either a goosed PCB or the jumpers are in wrong.

Don't under estimate the pantsness of these boiler.

Dan, i took my pcb from my boiler and fitted it in his boiler,pinned up the same, nothing lights up, then put in back in my own where it works, so i think we can safely assume the pcb is fine.

I also have a spare orange pcb that works but refuses to work in his boiler.

So, him buying a new pcb wouldn't be a very wise move, would it? What i'm asking, if it is not the pcb,where do i look next?

I can get his pcb to work in my boiler by rearranging the pins.thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back