ideal isar 30he boiler - any good??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - please can anyone help me??? I have just been promised a replacement boiler and I have a baxi 105e instant, I have been told I can swap to either an ideal 30he isar or another baxi, which is best and for what reasons please..........i really don't think either are brilliant but if I could have your opinions then that would be brill. Many thanks ;)

Sponsored Links
oh god! I got the feeling they were rubbish, but I have had nothing but hassle with the Baxi. It is now 5 years old so I thought the option of having a new boiler was the better one. Why avoid them? The guy that came round (must have been on commision or something) said they were fantastic, I got the impression he said this quite often, and I did feel he was trying to impress me with the technical stuff but I wasn't really listening. Also, I kind of got the impression that he was robbing me by offering me this, little did he know I would log in here and get info (I am 1 smart cookie) :LOL:

Search the forum for stories on Ideals current boilers. Newer Baxi are a chunk better than the older ones.

Do you have just the 2 as options?

Sponsored Links
new ideals are about as good as anything else really

snot much in any of them I rekin

:)

Hi again, thanks ever so much for the replies. Yes I was only given a choice (well they just offered me the ideal first). I thought to go for the ideal because of the problems I'd had with the baxi. Also it reads very well that the ideal is good on efficiency where as the baxi isn't as good. Any other info anyone before making my choice??

The Ideal is probably the most efficient boiler on the market at present ;)

It will be broken down so often that it will not use much of your gas :rolleyes: :mad:

Out of your 2 choices I would go for the Baxi any day ;)

I work for a firm that does a combi conversion every day (i only do installs not service and repair), over the last year and a half i fitted over 100 ideal isars and had to get the housing groups service engineer out probably one in every 10 boilers fitted for various faults (mainly pcb's). Since then we are fitting promax's (about 60 to date) never had to get eng out yet. Tell the installers to fit a promax. By the way i have no affiliation to any manufacturer. Now wait for all the other preferences ;)

thanks again for the replies. I wasn't given any other option and had to fight to get the baxi option thrown in. I may ask if I can pay extra to upgrade (don't really want to do this) but having just had a new bathroom with shower soaker etc fitted I need it to cope with this. I don't want any more hassle as had my fair share with the baxi. Nothing is made to last anymore :cry: . What boilers should I be asking to be upgraded to? Sorry to be a pain, but you've really helped a damsel in distress. Cheers people! ;)

Hi,
As a pensioner I have been offered a free Ideal boiler under the Warmfront scheme, as a replacement for a Ferroli. The Ferroli has been a pain in the neck, has had almost every part changed over the last ten years, including three Pcbs and two exploding timers, and I was warned off the Ideal by the last British Gas Engineer when I put him in the picture.
The general consensus of opinion on this forum seems to be in agreement.
I believe the installers have a deal going which gives them a bigger profit margin than with other makes. The authorised comments from Warmfront installers seem to be "I've had Ideal myself in one or more houses, with no problems", and "all the British makes are OK"
As a retired service engineer [not in this field], I would value the comments from guys at the sharp end, ie y'all: should I let them go ahead, or can I persuade them to install a Vaillant by paying the difference?
I realise I'm getting this unit fitted free of charge, and it seems mean to look a gift horse in the choppers, but I'll be responsible for the maintenance costs, and of course putting up with the same problems I've had for the last ten years!
Regards, Ian C.

DO NOT accept an Ideal boiler under any circumstances.

See if you can get a Vaillant, if not a Worcester or Broag.

You won't get the best, ATAG, so push for what will not cost you a fortune after the warranty has run out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back