ideal isar combi with intermitant hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anybody who can help I have a 2yr old Ideal Isar boiler that runs hot then cold, I,ve had it flushed and it seemed ok for a week then back to same hot n cold. :cry: Any ideas, Ideal engineers want £240 to investigate the boiler!

Sponsored Links
Are you getting any error codes on the front or does the boiler fire, heat the hot water, shut down, then re-fire?

Whats displayed on the front of the boiler as its doing this???

the boiler fires up and displays d, last week when I had it flushed he also fitted a part, a little box, maybe a heat exchanger (cost £60, can't believe forgot that, more money to pay out ). I've turned the water pressure down and the water is a bit warmer, thanks for any help am at end of mi tether :(

have you ever had constant hot water? you need to check the pipes to see were the hot water is going,either pipework wrong way round or cartridge in diverter needs replacing

Sponsored Links
will check these, but nothing would surprise me in this house, last week when the system was flushed we discovered the washer plumbing was wrong way round so washer has been pulling off hot water! :cry:

thanks for help water is boiling but pressure is not great, but its a small sacrifice. happy till the next time :)

Certainly sounds like the plate he is blocked from here.

Did they actually replace the plate he, or remove it and clean it, or neither?

I would have thought the plate would have cost more than £60 :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back