Ideal Isar HE24 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have read threads on the Ideal boilers but have been unable to find one which helps with the issue I have.

Over the past couple of years a number of parts have been replaced on the system. New pump, thermistor, pcb etc

The problem is the CH does not work.

Turn on a hot tap and the hot water works fine. Try and turn on the CH and it is lifeless. The Diverter valve is not stuck but what I do note is, when you remove the actor and then call for CH there is NO movement there at all. I would have thought you would have heard/seen the movement required to have pressed the valve had it been connected.

With this in mind my thoughts lead me to believe the actuator is at fault, maybe something internally wrong with its wiring. My next step is to call in an electrician to check for power at the actuator conniption. I assume if the CH is being called for there will be power at this point. I also assume, no power here would/might mean a pcb issue

I would be grateful for anyones thoughts/suggestions on the above

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You do not want to call an electrician ( what does he know how a boiler works), nor a plumber (he will know how to fit the boiler and then get electrician to wire it to the spur:LOL:)

You need to get a heating man or woman who knows how your boiler sequences and is able to carry out repairs. Your boiler does need regular preventative maintainance as described in the manual

I understand what you are saying and for the most part you would be correct. However, I know the boiler works (DHW works fine) I know the room stat is working correctly. I know the diverter valve is not in a stuck position and is able to move freely, without force. I also know what items have been replaced.

Given I also know the actuator appears NOT to be energised when it should be (when calling for CH) It appears to make sense to me to try and eliminate the reasons why. Rightly or wrongly I would like to think it could be that either it is not receiving input or that the input is being sent but the actuator itself is faulty.

WHile I would not expect an electrician to "know' how to plumb a boiler in, I would not be asking him this but would be asking him to check by means of electrical test equipment and by way of electrical diagrams. A competent sparks should at least be able to tell me where the electrical fault, if any, lies.

I have heard so many stories and indeed have been on the result of one or two myself where people have had parts changed only for there to be no improvement, all the moreso with this particular make of boiler it would seem. I am simply trying to establish if the actuator is or is not working before going ahead and buying a replacement

What letter is on the display when you select heating?

Sponsored Links
I love threads like this :LOL:

Give up Danny. It's obvious your years of experience are totally pointless.

If the OP is intent on getting a sparks in, WTF post his problem in the heating forum? There's a perfectly good one dedicated to cable stranglers further up the forum listings. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back