...Ideal isar he24.....

So how is the water going down the heating pipe if the pump knackered and the diverter is working fine??

Get someone in who knows what they are doing. Isars are easy to diagnose and fix. I would recommend you don't use someone who tells you it's the diaphragm :LOL:

Sponsored Links
So how is the water going down the heating pipe if the pump knackered and the diverter is working fine??

Get someone in who knows what they are doing. Isars are easy to diagnose and fix. I would recommend you don't use someone who tells you it's the diaphragm :LOL:

Would be interesting to see them try and find it though.

The diverter valve got nothing to do with pump. opposite sides...the reason is because the pump isnt building enough pressure to push the water up to heat exchanger so excess water is going down the return pipe....

You are saying that its a problem but I doubt it.

Its only a problem when the rads actually getting hot and not just the pipes.

That boiler does not have a diaphragm operated diverter valve.

It is a motor actuated plunger type which can become stuck and there is a repair kit available but they are not very successful unless the remainder is very carefully cleaned.

But I have no reason to think there is anything wrong with your boiler!

Tony

Everything you said is spot on diverter valve when pushed in also pushes out easily everything seem ok but water gushing out the vent plug don't look good and also return pipe getting hot.....want to prevent anything going wrong soon than later on.

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve got nothing to do with pump. opposite sides...the reason is because the pump isnt building enough pressure to push the water up to heat exchanger so excess water is going down the return pipe....

Excess water ?

Ok, if you say so lol :LOL:

We're still trying to work out what you think the problem is with your boiler other than its very existence.

The pump may well be old and dying, but it is working.

Perhaps the water is falling down the pipe? :mrgreen: :idea:
I often find that with pipes that drop straight down from a boiler, much better to pipe up the back to prevent this. :mrgreen:

Well it aint the diverter valve is it....cause diverter valve on left hand side plate heat exchanger pump on right hand side ch return pipe right hand side ch return pipe getting hot whats the connection.... :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back