Ideal Isar HE35 intermittent Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have had a quick search and i cant see the fault that i am experiencing.

I have the dreaded Ideal Isar, the HE35 model. I have had to replace various parts in the past couple of years. The problem i have now is that it is very intermittently leaking, from what i can see it appears to be leaking from the DHW outlet pipe just at the top of the Bulkhead connector. I took the front panel off and i couldnt see it leaking any further up than that.

The question i ask is. Why would it start leaking from there? Also what is required to stop the leak? would i need to replace the bulkhead connector?

Thx in advance
Grant

Sponsored Links
Why would it start leaking from there?
Because it is a piece of junk.

Also what is required to stop the leak?
Probably a pro who knows these heaps inside out.
Every single one of these that I have ever seen was badly installed and had more than one problem.
The last one I worked on had 7 different problems ( simultaneously )

Thx Ben, Where would i best to start looking for a Pro in my area? do you have any recomendations?

Sponsored Links
In general I recommend asking friends, colleagues, neighbours etc for recommendations of engineers that have repeired their boiler.

Personally, I like dealing with companies that are:
Local.
Tested by others.
Small enough for the "boss" to know every employee by name, first as well as last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back