Ideal Isar PRV advise please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an ideal isar boiler, it is around a year old but has been only used for around 5 hours, as I have not been living the house, due to fanatical reasons.

The system was installed a heating engineer who was local to me but has now moved abroad.

I have just had the house plastered so had to remove all the rads and drain the system. Before I drained the system I noticed that cold the system was reading 1bar and that is correct, but when it got hot it had risen to around 2 and sometimes above.

It has been suggested that the Vessel had not been pre-charged correctly, so I thought I would carry this out on the refill.

I had read on another post to open the PRV and the pressurise (with a gauge)vessel to around 0.75-1bar. Then span shut the valve and fill.

The PRV is really hard to get to, when I felt up the back there is like a large plastic cap on the valve and it felt sort of loose, is this correct? I could turn it a bit using 2 fingers, but would like some advise.

As the cap(adjuster)is to the rear what way should it be turned? Should it feel loose at the end or is it just open, it is really hard to see and I can only really feel what I am doing .

Please could I have re changing and filling advise on this Isar HE30.

Darren

Sponsored Links
I have not been living the house, due to fanatical reasons
Do tell us more...

As for your expansion vessel pressure check, you don't have to use the PRV to release the system pressure. In fact it's better to find some other drain point since PRVs often fail to seal properly after use.

That boiler should have a small drain cock on the RH side isolation valve, with a grey plastic cap on it. Failing that, the PRV is a SOD to get to, but it is possible if you have thin fingers...

sorry ment Financial reasons..

Its just I did see a post from meldrew's_mate sayiing this
Open the PRV and keep it open while you top-up the expansion vessel to 1.2 bar (between 1 and 1.5). Water will be expelled from the PRV while you do this.

Snap shut the PRV and refill to 1 bar cold
well the PRV had a cap on it, und feeling underneath it looks as if it turns.

can or has anyone done this, and how do open the PRV on this model, fully counter clockwise? then clockwise to snap it shut?... you can see it here http://www.idealboilers.com/pdf/Isar HE inst serv.pdf on page 12 I think... it looks like the cap I was touching was the safety valve.....system is in a norml 3 bed and fairly nornal size rads.... all singles upstairs...so I dont think it is over size for the vessel.., can you just tell me how to oper the PRV and do what was said please, thank you.

Darren

Sponsored Links
wellsome have said that it should not really rise that much, sometimes to around 2.3 and as I said it is at 1 cold....well as I had the whole thing drained and all the rads off, I would just like to know the correct way to pre- charge the vessel..... as most have said if it was not checked or done from the start this can be the cause of the rise.......

just want to know the correct way, open the PRV HOW?

standing by with my bottle of Sentinel X100 now!

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back