Ideal Isar - Very Strange Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have an Ideal Isar M30-100 combi boiler that's about 5 years old but hardly been used and was working perfectly until last weekend.

Hot water works fine however when a request is made for heating by the external thermostat nothing happens with the boiler, the display stays at 0.
I tried switching off the boiler at the mains and resetting via the control panel on the front - both to no avail.

As the hot water is working fine i tried changing the external thermostat (Danfoss TP5) however this didn't sort the problem. Could this be a PCB problem with the boiler?
I've run out of ideas now and was hoping for some expert opinion from the forum. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Link out the Control Circuit and see if the heating starts if it does then the problem is with the Room stat or wiring, if it dosn't the fault is within the boiler simples ;) fault finding is a process of logical ellimination

Thanks for the quick reply Boilerman2, seems a sound idea, how would i go about linking out the control circuit, in fact what is the control circuit?
As you've probably guessed my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to these things, however im always open to learning something new! :)

Run a link between L1 and L2 on the main electrical connector to the boiler

Sponsored Links
Really appreciate your help guys but im afraid that means nothing to me. Could someone post a step by step idiots guide to linking out the control circuit by connecting L1 and L2?

Get your manual out or have a look at one online. The wiring block will be shown on a diagram so you can identify it. If all else fails follow the external wires to your boiler turn the power off and it should lead you to the wiring block.

Good luck
Pete

Really appreciate your help guys but im afraid that means nothing to me. Could someone post a step by step idiots guide to linking out the control circuit by connecting L1 and L2?

Not being funny, but if you cant understand this you really need to get someone in to look at it.

I would say that only an idiot would give an idiot's guide to electrical work.

Quite apart from the risk of shocks or electrocution, there is also serious risk of doing expensive damage to the boiler.

If you are not comfortable doing anything then get someone who is!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back