Ideal logic 24 to hive single channel. Boiler stuck on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

So I have wired up the boiler where it has a separate power supply. Two hive receivers. Two zone pumps. Unfortunately everything is fired up ok but boiler will not switch off via the hive app/thermostat. Everything is connected. Attached are pictures. Bottom receiver controls downstairs. Up receiver upstairs. Both wired the same way. Danfoss pumps are orange in three and grey in one for reference.
Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 80
Sponsored Links
First of all, you dont have "zone pumps" you have 2 port motorised valves, your system is S plan plus and is wired completely wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
First of all, you dont have "zone pumps" you have 2 port motorised valves, your system is S plan plus and is wired completely wrong
Ok fair enough please advise.

I have in each receiver a neutral, live from the pump and boiler. Then the black and grey in one and three in receiver. And black and orange from pump into the same receiver points. Please help me

Have a look online for honeywell home wireing guide, as has been said you have S plan +.
Carefully follow the diagrams you will probably need a multimeter as well.

Sponsored Links
on your sytem the boiler is controlled from the zone valves, the grey and orange wires should never be connected in any way to your Hive thermostats

Ok thanks I will have a look over the weekend.

I still have the original danfoss junction box with all connections. I will reintroduce that into the system. Remove the pump connections from each hive receiver and place back into the aforementioned box.

The hive connections. Should they be ran to the boiler as per instructions from hive. Or run into the danfoss box with just one power cable then going to the boiler as what was there originally?

kind regards

Last edited:
The wires from the existing upstairs thermostat should have been rerouted to one Hive receiver, and the wires from the existing downstairs thermostat should have been rerouted to the other Hive receiver. As @ianmcd the Hive's only operate the motorised valves, not the boiler, meaning there's no need to change any wiring at the boiler or elsewhere. From a wiring point of view, you are just swapping two existing thermostats for two Hive receivers [There is a possible exception, if the existing thermostats were battery operated there may not be a neutral connection present, which the Hive receivers being 230V powered would need]

Information about the system is a bit scarce so the above assumes:

1. The existing room thermostats are 'programmable thermostats' meaning both time and temperature control built in; so there isn't any other programmer or timeswitch anywhere.
2. As you don't mention any hot water control, you have a combi boiler and no hot water cylinder with an associated 3rd motorised valve connected to it.

Hi

So you are saying not to wire the hive receivers to the boiler but to wire the up and down pumps to each receiver respectively via the danfoss junction box which is there already?

Actually makes sense thinking about it now. Yes they are seven day programmable wired thermostats. Taken off. Replace with wire thermostat at the wall then two receivers where the boilers are.

Indeed. They are infact motorised valves.

mv.JPG

wire the up and down pumps to each receiver respectively via the danfoss junction box which is there already

Not necessarily. Probably the easiest way DIY would involve...
The wires from the existing upstairs thermostat should have been rerouted to one Hive receiver, and the wires from the existing downstairs thermostat should have been rerouted to the other Hive receiver.
You would only need to access the wiring centre (Danfoss Junction Box) to get a 230V supply to the receivers if there isn't one already at the existing thermostats. [There might be, there might not be, only you can tell us]

Ok calm down they are valves not pumps gheez.

The wiring for the old now defunct programmable thermostat received a live and neutral feed from the switched spur which also supplied the boiler inside the box.

I will wire the valves back into the danfoss box and wire the hive thermostats exactly how the old defunct wall thermostats were connected. Leaving the original four core flex back to the boiler.

So stop calling them pumps then ;)

There are some systems that use two pumps instead of motorised valves, known as a 'Pump Plan' they work slightly differently, so whilst you might not think it's important to differentiate between the two, anyone who comes along later and reads this thread when they are looking for help might get confused.

It's also important to make sure we have a correct understanding of your post. We are only trying to help. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back