Ideal logic boiler heating on when stat is off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone here have any experience with an ideal logic plus condensing boiler?

I have had a few issues but most recently the heating has been coming on full out of the programmed hours on the stat and when the stat has reached temp. The heating basically just doesnt go off

To get it off I have to reset the boiler and the stat. Pair the stat back up with the boiler and reprogramme. I've tried new batteries. Ideal have been and replaced the stat and the receiver and it's done it again this morning. It's set at 21.2. It was 21.6 and still blasting away on full. I am going to try to move the stat closer to the boiler but its annoying because its been where it has for two years with no issues. Usually changing batteries solves the problem but this time it isnt. Has anyone experienced this before?

Sponsored Links
Do you have hot water preheat turned on? Does the problem go away if you turn preheat off?

Preheat is off all the time. Next time it does it I will try to turn the stat to continuous off and see if that does it. Its like the boiler gets stuck on full or something is telling it the temp is way off and its blasting it on full to get up to temp even tho it's way past its set point. If it's set at 21 and its 20.6 it will trickle on a low flame to gently raise the temp to 21. But even when it's like 21.6 its still on full flame and the radiators are red hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back